Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, today announced the launch of its big data product 'TCS Active Archive™,' powered by technology from EMC, one of the most influential leaders in cloud computing, virtualization, big data and IT security and protection. Specifically designed for big data environments, the solution offers a high level of performance, scalability, security and controls for archiving, retrieving, retaining and managing the growing volume and variety of enterprise data.
TCS Active Archive™ is a combination of TCS’ strong product development capabilities and business process expertise in big data. It is built upon the industry-leading EMC analytics platform and infrastructure. The benefits of TCS Active Archive™include:
- 'Warm' archive of structured and un-structured data enabling Business Intelligence (BI) and visualization tools to readily access archived data for analytics
- Broad connectivity to standard RDBMS, analytical databases and packaged enterprise applications
- Regulatory compliance to archive and retain data for customizable periods, and protect and flag legal data for impending action
- Secure archival ensuring data security through Kerberos Authentication, LDAP and Active Directory integration, AES 256-bit encryption, and user management modules
- Optimized storage by applying compression techniques to reduce storage utilization
- Reporting to effectively monitor and track activities through automatic job staging, dashboards and audit logs
“TCS’ collaboration with EMC has created a solution for businesses to effectively overcome major challenges in data storage, governance and regulatory compliance,” said Dr. Satya Ramaswamy, Global Head of Digital Enterprise, TCS. “TCS Active Archive™, powered by EMC technology, enables businesses to nimbly and cost effectively adapt to the constantly changing environment of enterprise data, the Internet of Things and intelligent applications. This is a big step forward in our Digital Reimagination™ vision for our customers.”
TCS Active Archive™, powered by EMC technology, is based on Pivotal HD - the massively parallel processing (MPP) SQL Database on EMC Isilon Storage - a complete scale-out NAS storage platform: hardware, software and accelerator nodes for the new era of big data. The solution stores both structured and unstructured data from a variety of data sources into an Archive repository. In contrast to traditional tape-based archiving, TCS Active Archive™ on EMC makes accessing historical data fast and simple, avoiding unwieldy costs of modern data warehouse appliances that can be prohibitively expensive.
“The EMC and TCS collaboration provides an innovative offering that helps joint customers meet their complex IT requirements. TCS Active Archive™, powered by EMC technology, and underpinned by the EMC Federation of strategically aligned businesses, enables organizations to effectively manage and protect digital assets, while redefining and transforming their future IT storage strategy,” said Tony McCoy, Vice President, Strategic Alliances, EMC Corporation.