Morningstar UK Limited, a subsidiary of independent investment research firm Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN), today announced the speaker and programme details for its eighth annual Morningstar Investment Conference. The Morningstar Investment Conference UK will be held in London and is expected to attract more than 400 advisers and professional investors. The conference, presented in association with the Institute of Financial Planning (IFP), will help financial advisers best serve clients’ needs by providing the latest industry insights and practical investing tips.
Highlights of this year’s conference will include:
- Paul Read, co-head of fixed interest, Invesco Perpetual, on the themes currently impacting fixed-interest markets;
- Michael Barakos, CIO, European equities, JP Morgan Asset Management, on the application of behavioural finance and the role it plays in stock selection;
- James Anderson, trust manager, Baillie Gifford, on contrarian investing and the enduring search for competitive advantages;
- Sam Vecht, head of emerging Europe equity, BlackRock, on the outlook for emerging European countries and frontier markets;
- Magnus Spence, director, Spence and Johnson, on the opportunities for advisers arising from the growth in Defined Contribution (DC) pensions following auto-enrolment.
Steve Gazzard, chief executive of the Institute of Financial Planning, comments:“The need for financial planners to complete relevant, structured continuing professional development has never been more important. The Morningstar conference is geared towards promoting excellence and encouraging the highest levels of service from the investment management industry. It is one of the best ways to engage on current investment practices, market movements, and industry trends.”
Geoff Balzano, chief executive officer of Morningstar UK and head of intermediary solutions, EMEA for Morningstar, comments: “Renewed regulatory scrutiny in recent years has presented many financial advisers with both difficult obstacles to overcome and fresh opportunities to grow their businesses. The speakers for our 2014 Morningstar conference will offer genuine thought leadership and expertise in their fields, presenting practical and innovative solutions for today’s challenging investment environment and regulatory landscape.”