Version brings customized search and results management to increase efficiency and accuracy in legal drafting process
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, today announced that its industry-leading legal drafting solution, Lexis® for Microsoft® Office now integrates with Lexis Advance®. With the advanced features, functionality and content of Lexis Advance, Lexis for Microsoft Office now offers users even more options to quickly surface relevant results directly within their legal drafting process, streamline their workflow and improve the quality of their work product – directly embedded within Microsoft® Word and Outlook®.
“We take very seriously our responsibility to respond quickly to client emails, so we’ve found that the tight integration of our email with our legal research service through Lexis for Microsoft Office is a game-changer for us,” said Joshua Magidson, senior attorney and shareholder, Macfarlane Ferguson McMullen. “As a result, we’re able to give our clients faster and more reliable answers to their critical business questions.”
Lexis for Microsoft Office integrates the drafting and research resources needed to analyze, prepare and validate email correspondence and documents directly with the Microsoft Office applications legal professionals use every day. Users can instantly make use of drafting tools and research content from LexisNexis and the open Web. This seamless integration into users’ workflow saves time, boosts efficiency and increases confidence in the outcome of their work.
“Legal professionals are more strapped for time and in need of trustworthy efficiency solutions than ever before – and the legal drafting process is one of the most time consuming tasks they engage in. Lexis for Microsoft Office gives busy legal professionals a leg up and peace of mind by embedding the information and validation tools they need directly within the context of their workflow,” said Jeff Arvin, vice president and managing director, Lexis for Microsoft Office. “The Lexis Advance content and functionality integration gives legal professionals yet an additional edge with quick insights, easy validation and enormous time savings.”
The access to Lexis Advance content and sophisticated functionality brings further depth to the Lexis for Microsoft Office offering with expanded search capabilities, refined filtering, in-document navigation and additional delivery options, allowing users to quickly hone in on the insights needed to complete their legal documents. Most notably:
- Post-search filtering – Users can quickly identify relevant results by narrowing their search outcomes with a comprehensive set of post-search criteria such as Jurisdiction, Court, Timeline, Source, Keywords, and Practice Area & Topics.
- Expanded content – The research content available for reference in Lexis for Microsoft Office is now expanded and aligns with a user’s Lexis Advance subscription, offering additional content types such as Jury Verdicts & Settlements, Expert Witness Analysis, Administrative Materials and Administrative Codes & Regulations.
- Search preferences – Users can select alternative search configurations including the ability to toggle between natural language and terms/connectors searches as well as using search term synonyms and equivalents.
- Results review – Enhanced document display and more options to navigate within a document give users quicker access to the relevant content, for example jumping to document sections such as core terms, case summary and outcome.
- Document delivery – Additional print, download, email and formatting tools allow for more customized results documentation and information sharing.
The content-based features of Lexis for Microsoft Office are aligned with a user’s Lexis Advance content subscription, offering the full transparency benefits and options such as free previews of out-of-plan documents.