A senior level meeting hosted by global summit organiser, IRN, that brings together major energy trading companies from Europe and globally. A 2 day meeting which will focus on the Operations/Business and Technology aspects of Energy Trading.
IRN, global summit organiser is launching once again its 5th Edition of the Energy Trading Operations & Technology Summit 2013 to take place 16-17 October at the Waldorf Hilton Hotel in London.
Each year the flagship ETOT summit attracts top names from major energy trading companies from Europe and globally. Last year’s Summit boasted a number of key industry players from around the energy trading landscape, as well as regulators, energy trading banks and solution providers; from EFET, EC, E.ON Energy, Société Générale, Eneco Energy Trade, Citi, GDF Suez, Axpo, Verbund, BG Group, ECC, Wipro Technologies, Digiterre, Gazprom Marketing & Trading, EDF Trading Limited, ConocoPhillips, Newedge, Baringa Partners, Triple Point Technology, Centrica, Trayport, SunGard Services, Deutsche Bank and Glencore and many more.
The senior level meeting will include a very insightful case study around practical measures to facilitate cooperation between the IT department and back office with the inclusion of using Scrum methodology, co-presented by two senior managers from Eneco, ‘Anupam Tripathy, Head of Architecture and Compliance’ and ‘Chris Hartman, Head of Settlements and Confirmations’. Another session will look at the challenges and opportunities arising from regulatory changes projects to stress test interfaces within energy trading organizations. ‘Dirk Daveluy, Head of Clearing and Collateral’ at RWE Supply & Trading GmbH, will enlighten the delegation on determining how robust their interfaces are as well as understand what can be done to fuel efficiency across all departments affected by the new regulatory changes.
Furthermore, the regulatory bodies; European Commission, EFET, FSA and ISDA will give their updates on the energy market to help get the energy traders best prepared for the changes in the energy market.
Day 2 of the summit has been designed to offer two streams, Operations/Business and Technology. These streams are specifically tailor-made to suit the needs of energy trading companies operating in each area with case studies and panel discussions being presented.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Hugh Andrews, Head of Back Office Energy & Gas, ConocoPhilips
- Dirk Daveluy, Head of Clearing & Collateral, RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
- John Cunningham, EMEA Head of Listed Commodities - Clearing & Business Development, Citi Futures and OTC Clearing
- Werner Brokisch, Head of Trading IT, Verbund Trading AG
- Nicolas A. Defachel, Global Head of Trade Operations & Collateral, GDF Suez Trading
- Antonio Sevilla Cervantes, Head of Back Office, Endesa
- Chris Hartman, Head of Settlements and Confirmations, Eneco
- Anupam Tripathy, Head of Architecture and Compliance, Eneco
- Hugh Brunswick, Head IT & BP, Managing Director, EFETnet European Federation of Energy Traders EFET
- John Herd, Divisional CIO, Glencore
- Michele Governatori, Head of Public and Regulatory Affairs, Axpo, Italy