Targeted Client Teams, Product Enhancements Build on 50 Years Canadian History
Bank of America Merrill Lynch today announced the expansion of its Global Transaction Services (GTS) business in Canada. The planned growth maps onto the firm’s increasing base of clients doing business in Canada and will enable BofA Merrill to better serve and meet the needs of those clients.
The GTS team will be led by Hany Naguib, who brings over 30 years of experience in the Canadian market. Naguib will be responsible for driving overall GTS growth, leadership across the GTS team and acting as senior GTS representative to the market, in addition to directly overseeing the bank’s large corporate clients. BofA Merrill’s Canadian-based team will also include a dedicated team of treasury officers focused on serving small to middle market companies, to be led by Katie Simpson in Toronto. Other key Canadian-based GTS leaders include Maureen Jarvis, product management; Susan Aparicio, operations; and Alan Keast, technology.
“We are well positioned to be a leading provider of banking services in Canada,” said Paul Simpson, head of Global Transaction Services. “We offer GTS products that are market-leading, combining local service that is fully integrated with our global operations and a complete product suite which is increasingly important to Canadian clients.”
BofA Merrill is the largest global financial institution in Canada. The firm has been active in Canada for more than 50 years.
“The enhancement of our GTS business is just the latest example of our firm’s focus on helping our clients conduct business in Canada,” said Adam Howard, Canada country executive. “We are a diversified wholesale financial institution in Canada, providing investment and corporate banking services, as well as global markets products, to our clients.”
The firm is continuing to make enhancements to its market-leading suite of transaction banking products such as the proprietary lockbox service, introduced last year and recently enhanced with scannable processing.
BofA Merrill offers its Canadian GTS clients:
- Commitment, market leadership and comprehensive solutions through integrated channels designed for seamless Canadian and worldwide execution.
- A broad array of banking capabilities that includes credit, trade finance, investment banking and foreign exchange.
- Powerful North America treasury transaction services, from liquidity and investment solutions to integrated card and trade finance to payments and receivables with in-house lockbox.
- Local client teams that provide on-the-ground expertise, focused attention and strategic insight; and experienced Global Business Solutions advisors to drive treasury and business transformations for clients across Canada.
- To the Canadian Payment Association’s payment channels including the Large Value Transfer System for sizeable time sensitive transactions and the Automated Clearing Settlement Services for low value electronic and check payments.
- Through CashPro® Online, its award-winning client portal, to view, analyze and manage capital and working capital needs.
- With highly integrated platforms for managing Canadian liquidity and investments, foreign exchange and payments, and combined commercial card and ePayables programs.
- Convenient servicing and fulfillment through its Canada Servicing Centre of Excellence.
- Documentation facilitated by Global Treasury Terms and Conditions, and International Account Agreements.
- Service through a single point of contact, global implementation and responsive delivery.
“We are focused and totally committed to meeting the needs of our Canadian and global clients,” said Naguib. Katie Simpson added “We continue to invest in our people and our solutions in Canada - now, more than ever.”