Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, the leading global provider of intelligent solutions and expertise for legal, business, and government professionals, today announced the release of the DFARS Matrix Tool, the first-ever DFARS clause and provision workflow solution. This new tool enables all contractors engaged by the Department of Defense and its agencies to minimize risk, save time, and confidently understand their contract obligations.
Designed from the ground up by the trusted experts at Wolters Kluwer, the all-new, Internet-based DFARS Matrix Tool is an effective solution for consolidating your Defense contract clause and provision requirements in an easy-to-read chart format - seamlessly improving your compliance workflow. The Tool allows users to quickly look up the clauses and provisions specific to their contracts or solicitations, and a click of a button tells users all they need to know about the clauses they are responsible for within their contract. The Tool, which is updated as soon as the Department of Defense issues interim or final rules, links directly to the DFARS and FAR, providing users with all the information they need to avoid penalties for non-compliance in one centralized location. When used in conjunction with the FAR Matrix Toolkit, customers have a comprehensive, time saving solution.
"The government contracting process is incredibly complex and presents distinct challenges from beginning to end," said Wolters Kluwer Editorial Director Aaron Broaddus. "To minimize risk, contractors must have a comprehensive understanding of their obligations. This tool provides our customers with a holistic approach to meet these challenges and to grow their businesses."
The DFARS Matrix Tool streamlines the cumbersome process of identifying, comprehending, and maintaining compliance with the solicitation provisions and contract clauses that are supplementary to the policies, procedures, and rules of the Federal Acquisition Regulation when contracting with various Department of Defense agencies.
The DFARS Matrix Tool is Internet-based and will also provide clients with online access from mobile devices, and the ability to save, print and export data at will.
Save time and simplify your workflow with the useful features of this new tool:
- "Plain-English" explanations of all 375 DFARS clauses, and alternates, with full-text source information from the current CCH Department of Defense FAR Supplement.
- Flowdown requirements that indicate what information must be included in ower-tier subcontract agreements, and editorial insight to further explain whether the clause is mandatory or optional.
- Access to prior versions of the DFARS clauses and amendments via archive links.
- The ability to search for only the clauses that apply to a specific contract, and having all of the relevant results displayed in one view.
- The ability to customize and analyze the resulting table by provision or clause.
- Links are provided for quick access to the full text of each DFARS provision or clause, related FAR regulations, and associated government websites.
- Results include any related reporting requirements with direct links to associated forms, and any associated subcontract flowdown requirements with expert explanations.
- Printer friendly view, and exportable search results help you document contract and audit files to show the performance of due diligence.
"Government contractors can save time, money and be confident that they're referencing the most up-to-date amendments and requirements," added Wolters Kluwer Senior Writer, George Gullo.