Charles River Development, a front- and middle-office investment management solutions provider, today announced that in 2012 the company increased its customer base with the addition of 31 new and expanded client relationships encompassing all vertical markets within Investment Management. Broadening its complete solution for buy-side firms worldwide, the company made significant R&D investments, launched the Charles River Compliance Service, unveiled a mobile app version of the Charles River Investment Management Solution (IMS), and strengthened its presence in Asia-Pacific.
“Charles River has evolved from a software vendor to a provider of fully-outsourced, end-to-end investment management solutions for buy-side firms,” said Peter Lambertus, President and CEO, Charles River. “As the only provider of a completely integrated OEMS, we continue to enhance our software with trading analytics, TCA, real-time data, charting and news, to provide better execution capabilities across asset classes. Recently added advanced portfolio management benchmark comparison functionality and multi-order quoting analytics, including derivatives, have strengthened our Fixed Income support.”
The new Charles River Compliance Service augments the firm’s private-cloud SaaS offering of hosting, application management, FIX administration and real-time data with outsourced compliance support to help clients keep pace with changing global regulations.
Charles River Mobile increases productivity for financial advisors, portfolio managers, compliance officers and other investment professionals with remote access to critical Charles River IMS information via iPad- and Android-powered devices.
2012 highlights include:
- 24 new clients and 7 major expansions of existing clients, extending usage of Charles River IMS to 43 countries;
- 146 clients live on the latest Charles River IMS release, Version 9;
- 85 clients leveraging Charles River’s Hosting, Application Management, Data, and Compliance Services;
- 550+ brokers, 180+ buy-side clients on the Charles River FIX Network; 135+ FIX Administration clients;
- Opened a new Asia-Pacific office in Hong Kong; grew worldwide staff to over 600 employees;
- Received OMS and EMS “Best-in-Class” ratings from independent analyst CEB TowerGroup for Trader Experience, OMS Capabilities, User Experience, Trading Support, and Enterprise Support;
- Awarded “Best Integrated Front-Office Platform” from Buy-Side Technology 2012; “Best Order Management System in Southeast Asia” from Alpha Southeast Asia Magazine; and ranked in the “FinTech Top 100” from American Banker/Financial Insights 2012.