- API management is critical for an enterprise’s mobile strategy and extends the business value of its unique data helping reach new customers and open new sources of revenue
- To power industrial strength APIs, Software AG provides the integrated infrastructure to build an API portal, securely host and monitor APIs, and manage API design & development
- By expanding the capabilities of its proven webMethods technology, Software AG provides a highly secure and scalable solution that can be deployed either on-premise or in the cloud
Software AG today announced its new API management capabilities, based on webMethods technology, enabling enterprises to power industrial strength APIs. The company provides the tools necessary to expose APIs for developers and partners to build mobile, cloud and web applications. These tools help deliver a scalable and secure solution for hosting and mediating APIs and to build an API portal for discovery and collaboration. The solution allows analytics and reporting for better understanding of API usage, helps manage the process of planning and developing APIs, and can be deployed either on-premise or in the cloud.
Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) allow enterprises to expose their unique data and functionality assets to external developers enabling them to build innovative mobile and web apps. Using these apps, enterprises can engage with their customers in new ways potentially opening up additional sources of revenue. In addition, according to a recent report by Forrester Research, Inc., “APIs create and unlock the business value of data.”1 Companies expose their unique data via APIs that allows mobile app developers to combine it in innovative ways with data from other companies delivering customer value that would otherwise not have been possible.
“Today, APIs are the lingua franca for mobile access to enterprise resources and new business opportunities,” said Dr. Wolfram Jost, Chief Technology Officer and member of the Group Executive Board, Software AG. “With APIs as a new distribution channel, enterprises can reach new markets and audiences for their products and services. Our goal is to help those businesses plan, deploy, launch and manage their API infrastructure successfully.”
Software AG provides an integrated infrastructure based on its webMethods technology to manage the entire lifecycle of APIs. Enterprise can:
- Accelerate adoption of APIs by setting up a modern portal for APIs to attract and on-board external developers. App developers can search for APIs they need, read up on the documentation and get notifications on APIs they use.
- Secure, mediate and monitor traffic between the API consumers and back-end servers. That allows API providers to collect metrics for various reasons such as analytics, KPI dashboards and invoicing/billing.
- Build the right APIs for the business by managing the entire process of designing, developing, deploying, versioning and retiring APIs.
1Forrester Research Inc., “The Forrester Wave™: API Management Platforms, Q1 2013”, Eve Maler and Jeffrey S. Hammond, February 5, 2013