Axway 5 Suite Gives Customers the Power to Govern the Flow of Data Within and Beyond the Enterprise Edge; Managing and Monitoring All Data Exchanges on-premise, with the cloud and with mobile devices
As the adoption of, and the investment in, mobile applications, big data, cloud computing, and social collaboration surges forward, organizations are finding a growing need to focus their attention on governing their flow of data. In response, Axway (NYSE Euronext: AXW.PA) announces Axway 5 Suite -- the only offering on the market that enables complete lifecycle control and optimization of all information exchanged within the enterprise and externally.
Axway 5 Suite delivers a comprehensive way to manage and govern complex data flows, end-to-end, and provide visibility and integration between legacy systems, B2B communities and the cloud, as well as enable mobile applications. The Suite also includes API management capabilities that enable organizations to manage, deliver, and secure all their APIs from a single technology platform, including REST/JSON, HTTP/SOAP, and many other protocols.
Marking the fifth generation of the Axway offering, Axway 5 Suite represents the convergence of managed file transfer, B2B integration and API management, and includes significant enhancements to the core MFT and B2B technologies. Furthermore, by leveraging API management as a key differentiator and value add, the Suite provides users with a top-down, centralized view of all its services that interact with various systems within the enterprise. This interoperability and visibility enables a high degree of cohesion across the suite’s functional components.
Axway provides a unique combination of extended capabilities to achieve more granular control while supporting all data flow patterns – be it files or messaging, intra or inter data exchange, cloud/mobile to ground/on-premise, etc. Customers will also benefit from real-time data flow analytics that can be viewed from any web browser or mobile device to gain valuable insight into the business operations, along with event or non-event driven alerts and reports to ensure a high degree of reliability of all data flows.
“Most IT organizations face daunting challenges governing the flow of data that typically span multiple and disparate systems, extending to the edge of the enterprise and beyond. Ultimately, businesses want to know that their stakeholders have access to the right information, at the right time, and in the form needed. Otherwise, they lose control and risk loss of business and potential opportunities,” said Christophe Fabre, CEO at Axway. “To effectively govern data flows simply exposing legacy system APIs is not enough. Additional functionality such as security, policy management, visibility and data flow analytics are all key requirements.”
Many of the world’s leading organizations including Fortune 1000 companies, spanning all industries including automotive, Federal government, healthcare, supply chain, etc., have turned to Axway to help them govern their flow of data. Existing Axway customers that currently run various component of the suite, including Synchrony, are already leveraging Axway 5 Suite to govern their data flows with no migration required.
“Bank of the West has a number of external and internal technology initiatives underway that would traditionally require individual solutions for each initiative. The Axway 5 Suite platform has allowed us to deliver a number of services by leveraging a single solution. These include integrated cash management services for our commercial customers to enterprise application integration,” said Dan Nagy, Cash Management Division Manager for Bank of the West, a San Francisco-based bank with $63 billion in assets.”
Axway 5 Suite offers a holistic approach to governing the flow of data with an additional focus on governance at the enterprise edge. In addition, Axway 5 Suite extends the edge of the enterprise so that the benefits of sharing and consuming public or private cloud services are realized in a secure and managed way. In summary Axway 5 Suite helps manage:
- Interactions – Governance of data flows, end-to-end, across the enterprise and B2B communities, with the ability to easily on-board new partners and customers.
- Policy – Policies can be put in place and enforced in order to guarantee that interactions happen as expected and metrics can be checked for compliance against SLAs.
- Visibility – Stakeholders can achieve end-to-end visibility of all data flows, with alerts, reports and real-time data flow analytics to anticipate and remedy problems before they occur.
- Integration – Axway 5 Suite enables the exchange of information, whether large files or messages, between business entities (people, applications, or enterprises), wherever they might be located (cloud or on-premise) in an intelligent, reliable and secure manner.
- Security – Axway 5 Suite ensures access security and prevents intrusions and data breaches. At the same time, it empowers organizations to use the enterprise edge to provide access that creates and extends value, instead of simply defending it as a boundary.