Level39 at Canary Wharf and Dassault Systèmes are pleased to open applications for start-up companies and developer teams to take part in the 3D FinTech Challenge 2013, an accelerator programme focused on financial technology innovation. The online application process opens today and will remain open until 28 August, 2013.
The 3D FinTech Challenge 2013 will identify, nurture and accelerate products, firms and solutions that help provide a true 360° view of the client within financial services. These improved views are intended to:
- keep the client at heart of decision making
- foster a better understanding of client attributes (risk, position, propensity, fraud, relationship lifecycle, etc)
- strengthen client relationships through improved services
The winners of the 3D FinTech Challenge 2013 will be awarded a cash prize of £15,000 and invited to participate in Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE Customer Forum in Las Vegas in November 2013, where they can showcase their technology or product to an audience of over 200 major global corporations.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to Level39’s Canary Wharf accelerator space in early September to present their ideas to a selection panel. Up to six finalist teams will then return to Level39 from the week commencing 23 September 2013 for six weeks, during which they will receive mentoring, guidance, technical support and coaching to build successful prototypes.
Finalists will spend the duration of the programme focusing on developing prototypes that will lead to one of the following:
- Solutions connecting internal structured and external data, to consolidate, index, and cross-reference client information into true “3D views”, thereby offering enhanced client visibility. This improved visibility could then produce a digest of highly relevant client-specific insight, which may create predictive, automated but ultimately actionable events
- Solutions that help financial institutions tackle client regulatory challenges, including implementing innovative data-led solutions that create value for the customer, financial institution and regulator
- Solutions that provide novel approaches to the visualisation of the customer 3D relationship, thereby creating dramatic improvements in understanding and the ability to drive the next best action
Eric Van Der Kleij, Head of the Level39 accelerator at Canary Wharf Group plc said: “The 3D FinTech Challenge will leverage Dassault Systèmes’ extraordinary expertise in data visualisation to bring innovative solutions to the financial services industry. By supporting startups and entrepreneurs, this accelerator programme will source and develop new products that will drive stronger client engagement, increase transparency of risk in decision making and help financial services organisations meet new regulatory challenges.”
Claire Cockerton, Head of Innovation Programmes at the Level39 accelerator at Canary Wharf Group plc said: “What is unique about this programme is that the challenge themes have been driven by sustained discussion and feedback from London’s vibrant financial services community. Through our dialogue with the industry, we aim to source and refine solutions that will address real business priorities, and thereby ensure that the solutions identified by the programme are of direct and immediate relevance to the financial services sector.”
On this upcoming programme, Bernard Charles, CEO Dassault Systèmes has said, “Dassault Systèmes, The 3DEXPERIENCE Company, is proud to be a partner with Level39 to bring our innovation culture to the heart of one of the world’s most dynamic financial services centres. For more than thirty years, Dassault Systèmes has been a preferred partner in opening up new frontiers in innovation to create the future and transform many highly regulated, complex industries. We are looking forward to bringing this business expertise, passion and perspective to the acceleration programme.”
Those selected for the 3D FinTech Challenge will become full members of the Level39 community of entrepreneurs, start-ups and high growth companies benefitting from the impressive events calendar, access to leading mentors, corporations and investors and being in the middle of Canary Wharf, one of the world’s premier business and shopping districts with more than 240 cafes, bars, shops and restaurants. During the programme, finalists will be offered guidance, coaching and ongoing mentoring from senior executives from Dassault Systèmes, as well as members of London’s financial services community, to help shape the products and technologies being developed. Finalists will also have the opportunity to take office space at Level39 at preferential rates on conclusion of the programme.
Companies can apply to enter the 3D FinTech Challenge 2013 at http://www.f6s.com/3dfintechchallenge2013