Company to Demonstrate New Features during AdventConnect 2012 Conference
Advent Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADVS), a leading provider of software and services for the global investment management industry, have announced the beta release of major enhancements to its cloud-enabled, end-to-end platform for asset and wealth management enterprises. The new release, currently being tested by over 10 firms, provides a number of key enhancements to the platform’s core components. Advent’s platform for asset management is comprised of: Advent Portfolio Exchange® (APX), Moxy®, Advent Rules Manager®, Advent Revenue Center®, Advent® General Ledger Exchange (Advent® GLX), Tradex®, Advent Corporate Actions® (ACA), and Advent Custodial Data™ (ACD).
Advent will showcase the new features of its platform for asset and wealth management during the AdventConnect 2012 conference, in Las Vegas, which is taking place from September 10 – 12, 2012.
“Today, the solutions within Advent’s platform for asset management support over 900 firms globally and we are pleased to be able to announce the feature set of the beta release. By rapidly developing and deploying cross-platform integration that streamlines workflows and improves data accuracy, we are eliminating the boundaries between systems and information making it easier for our clients to get the information that they need to be great for their clients,” said Anthony Sperling, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Advent’s Asset Management Group. “The new features will assist our clients in driving down the cost of operations while simultaneously enhancing decision making activities.”
Highlights of the new release include:
- Comprehensive instrument coverage now including Private Equity (PE) and Sinking Funds to alleviate manual workarounds and improve accuracy, providing a comprehensive solution across the platform.
- Private Equity - Users will be able to view acquisition of a PE investment, see more detail on what type of transaction has occurred, and view new reports specific to this instrument. Formalizing processes around private equity cash flows allows managers with PE investments clear visibility into performance.
- Sinking Funds – Users will be able to easily set up or download a sinking fund schedule and view the resulting calculations for a sinking fund’s yield, duration and amortization as well as payments on 15 enhanced or new reports.
- New electronic trading capabilities between Moxy® and Bloomberg for fixed income instruments - Investors will be able to send orders and allocation details directly to Bloomberg and receive executions in Moxy®, eliminating the need for dual entry in both systems.
- Improvements to dashboards and reporting – Select fee information from Advent Revenue Center® and select compliance information from Advent Rules Manager® can be sourced and viewed from within APX’s powerful dashboard functionality. With one view into their business our clients become more efficient and reduce operational risk.
- New Position Reconciliation Tool – The tool provides for faster and more efficient reconciliation by using recorded and stored rules so that results will be viewable instantaneously and simultaneously for any group of portfolios, regardless of which account provider sent the information.
- New Time-Series Tax lot closing method – Users will be able to save portfolio tax lot closing method settings for specific data. This enhancement will enable users to maintain historical records while still allowing modification of closing method elections over time, providing a huge improvement in flexibility.