Comarch, a global provider of end-to-end BSS/OSS solutions, announced that it has been positioned in the Challenger quadrant in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Operations Support Systems.
The report evaluates the capabilities of end-to-end vendors in the global market for OSS service assurance and fulfillment, a market characterized by simultaneous consolidation and vibrant innovation by startups.
Martina Kurth, the author of the report, sees Comarch’s main strengths in:
· a strong framework approach and an open, flexible, modern architecture based on service-oriented and business process management principles, which ensure ample interoperability with legacy systems
· a three-layer application architecture, which enables very flexible system data model changes and configuration, without requiring new custom developments
· an intrinsic process modeling functionality of (the Comarch OSS) suite, which is offered as process-driven, integrated inventory management and next-generation service assurance products
· a diversified customer portfolio, including pan-European CSPs, such as T-Mobile and Vodafone
· headquarters in Europe, an important differentiator from the European CSPs’ point of view
“We believe Gartner’s recognition of Comarch in the Magic Quadrant for OSS, among leading 11 vendors, results from our strong, end-to-end portfolio of network & service management products. We are happy that the report values our flexible project approach and configurability of our solutions, as they always have proven to be very important for our telecom customers. Recognition of Comarch’s high “ability to execute” reflects the success of our strategy of being a BSS/OSS vendor that delivers results, within agreed budgets and timeframe.” – says Piotr Machnik, VP Product Management & Marketing in Comarch’s Telecom Division.