InvestTech Systems Consulting, a leading investment technology and operations consulting firm for institutional investment managers, has completed a portfolio accounting and performance measurement selection process for a large Canadian financial services organization. In addition, InvestTech provided the client with the guidance and insight necessary to set implementation activities and priorities. The system selection and follow-on implementation planning resulted in a comprehensive, future state investment management platform including trade order management, OTC derivatives process, and enterprise reporting.
InvestTech employed its proprietary investment systems evaluation and selection framework to assist the client in determining a “right fit” for their unique processing needs. In addition to deep functional expertise in the areas of portfolio accounting and performance measurement, InvestTech’s consultants applied their implementation and integration experience to qualify each of the leading vendor products. Key steps in InvestTech’s proven vendor selection process include:
- Pre-qualify vendors based on the client’s requirements
- Review integrated versus best-of-breed versus functional standalone solutions
- Fast-track a set of vendors to a short list based on functional, technical, and service/support capabilities that align with the client’s needs
- Conduct one of several alternative approaches to thoroughly evaluate the vendor solution that best aligns with the client’s requirements
- Build consensus around a preferred solution and facilitate due diligence
Kevin Coffin, InvestTech Managing Director, notes, “Every client has both standard and unique functional and technical requirements. By quickly and efficiently understanding distinctive client needs, we are able to deliver a streamlined, fast-track evaluation process that ensures all key capabilities are addressed. Our clients benefit from our broad and deep knowledge of investment systems that is directly attributable to our hands-on implementation experience.”