As the end of the tax year approaches, Barclays Stockbrokers, the UK’s largest execution-only retail broker, has announced its deadlines for ISA account opening and funding. These are to ensure ISA subscriptions are processed before the end of this tax year (5 April 2012).
- Thursday 29th March 2012 is the deadline for 2011/12 tax year contributions funded by existing investments – either using share certificates or transferring from a trading account into an ISA*.
- Thursday 5th April 2012 is the deadline for receipt of new ISA applications:
- Submitted by post
- Provided over the telephone
- Submitted online
2011/12 tax year contributions received on 5th April in the following manner:
- Telephone debit card payments
- Cash transfers from market master trading account to ISA
- Online debit card payments available up to 23.30
* After this date, requests will be carried out on a best efforts basis.
SIPP applications and contributions qualifying for the 2011/12 tax year can be made in the following way:
- Account applications:
- By post to be received on 5th April
- Online up to 23.30
Contributions to existing accounts:
- By cheque up to 5th April
- By bank payment by close of business on 5th April
- Online funding up to 23.30
Catherine Penney, Product Manager, Barclays Stockbrokers, said: “Time is running out fast before we reach the end of the current tax year, and it is crucial investors make the most of their tax free ISA allowance as it really is a case of ‘use it or lose it’.
“Getting your financial house in order’ is important at any time of year but there is a particular opportunity in the lead up to the end of the tax year to carry out a review of existing investments and ensure you have maximised this year’s tax free allowances.”
For investors looking to capitalise on investing in funds within their ISA wrapper, Barclays Stockbrokers recently launched a new and enhanced funds offering. Through a single account, Barclays Stockbrokers clients now have access to around 2,500 of the most popular funds online and incur no initial charges when investing. Investors may also qualify for a 2012 loyalty cash bonus. In addition, clients have access to extensive funds research and factsheets including the Citywire Selection which provides independent insight from investment experts.