- Citi named “Best Global Emerging Markets Investment Bank”
- Citi named “Best Global Transaction Banking House”
Euromoney, the preeminent global financial markets magazine, recognised Citi as “Best Global Emerging Markets Investment Bank” and “Best Global Transaction Banking House” at its annual Awards for Excellence ceremony last evening in London.
Euromoney cited Citi’s inimitable global network as a key to winning both awards. “As best emerging markets investment bank, Citi has been able to leverage its unique global network on behalf of clients, and has shown real momentum in all products and most regions,” the magazine said. Meanwhile, “Transaction services are at the very heart of Citi, and the division is pumping out record revenues as it adds more and more clients to its global network.”
"We have refocused the bank to feature Citi’s core strategic strengths – our global reach and network,” said John Havens, Citi’s President and Chief Operating Officer. “I am delighted that Euromoney has recognised the progress Citi has made in serving our clients wherever they do business throughout the world.”
The two global awards were among 17 won by Citi, including a number of top regional awards: Best Investment Bank in the Middle East, Best Flow House in Central & Eastern Europe, Best Debt House in Central & Eastern Europe and Best Project Finance House in the US.
The Euromoney Awards for Excellence are in their 21st year and are recognised to be among the most prestigious in the financial services industry.
Below is a list of Citi’s Euromoney award wins in all regions save Asia, which will be announced at a dinner in Hong Kong next week:
- Best Emerging Markets Investment Bank
- Best Global Transaction Banking House
- Best Investment Bank in the Middle East
- Best Flow House in Central & Eastern Europe
- Best Debt House in Central & Eastern Europe
- Best Cash Management House in Latin America
- Best Project Finance House in the United States
- Best Investment Bank in Caribbean
- Best Debt House in Poland
- Best Equity House in Mexico
- Best M&A House in Mexico
- Best Bank in Greece
- Best Investment Bank in Greece