Syntel, Inc. (Nasdaq:SYNT), a global information technology services and Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) firm, congratulates the finalists from the recently concluded SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise) south and west regional competitions in India.
Syntel sponsored SIFE India's south and west regional competitions, which were held in Chennai, India on June 28, 2012 and in Mumbai, India on July 3, 2012, respectively. The qualifying teams from each region will advance to the National Competition to be held in Mumbai on July 4, 2012.
The 2012 SIFE National finalists include:
- SRM Institute of Management Studies, Chennai
- Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai
- Shasun Jain College for Women, Chennai
- Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Jain University, Bengaluru
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR), Mumbai
- H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- M.M.K. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik
- KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
The SIFE India National finalists were chosen by a panel of more than 50 business leaders, who evaluated each team's community outreach projects. The national champion will go on to represent India at the SIFE 2012 World Cup.
"Syntel pioneered the entry of SIFE in India and we are very proud to have seen it become stronger with each passing year," said Rakesh Khanna, Syntel COO and keynote speaker at the SIFE Mumbai competition. "We fully support SIFE's goals of creating responsible corporate citizens and challenging students to adopt a social attitude towards business to benefit society at large."
Syntel's goal is to expand SIFE India to more than 150 participating universities and colleges across the country by 2015.