Global Payments and Casio Electronics Co. Limited announced today that they have been working together on a new Electronic Point of Sale (EPoS) package for small high-street retailers. Traditionally, retailers have been challenged with sourcing the separate components of their PoS solution from a variety of suppliers with hardware, software, PoS installation and support being provided by many different organisations which creates ownership problems for the smaller merchant.
The powerful combination of these two global organisations allows the smaller merchant to install the EPoS hardware and PIN Entry Devices (PED) all from one source, making installation and training much easier to deliver and monitor. The Casio AndroidTM platform VX-100 EPoS terminal provides the customer-facing PoS solution, complete with stock control, appointment booking and business management tools within the core software. Global Payments’ Global POS Link connects their terminal to the till for taking payments at a fixed location, when mobile on a shop floor or within a hospitality setting.
Clear benefits have been identified for smaller retailers:
- The small footprint of the Casio VX-100 takes less space on the countertop
- The solution’s low power requirements create a typical saving of 85% against traditional WindowsTM based EPoS solutions
- An all-in-one EPoS solution with built-in easy loading printer, customer display and large 10.4” touch-screen LCD for the operator
- Additional apps for queue busting, electronic vouchers and receipts and SMS / email marketing to the retailers’ customers
- The Global POS Link enables easier reconciliation with only one end of day report produced
- All terminals provided are Global Payments’ accredited and provide all of the card/payment functionality which reduces testing requirements
- All transactional data (card number, expiry date, etc.) is kept away from the till or any back office system and is encrypted
- Allows the acceptance of the widest range of chip & PIN cards
- Option of printing receipts using the payment terminal either at the till or on your card terminal, and using a terminal separately if your POS system is not yet installed or not working
- All terminals and PIN-Pads are Contactless compatible** to allow additional, faster payment methods for your customers in a hurry and to help prevent queues in your outlet
The combined package has been developed for independent retailers looking to install a completely integrated EPoS solution without having to find the considerable investment needed in the past.
Chris Davies, Managing Director of Global Payments, explains that, “The high street is a challenging place for small independent retailers today, with the internet and larger stores attracting an increasing share of their traditional business. Global Payments and Casio will help make customer acquisition and the payment process much more straightforward, which will help the retailer to provide a better customer experience and increase loyalty”.
The Global POS Link from Global Payments and the VX-100 till from Casio are now available in the UK.
** Not standard configuration. Available upon request.