Vessel Manufacturer Selects ERP Application to Improve Visibility and Boost Productivity
Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that South Boats, the market leader for crew vessels for the offshore wind power industry, has deployed Infor10 ERP Business (SyteLine). The application will deliver greater visibility into job costing and achieve greater productivity in vessel assembly. In turn, this will help the boat manufacturer to boost profitability, continue to achieve 100% growth, and maintain a greater than 50% market share.
- 100% business growth over the last four years led to South Boats’ decision to invest in a new ERP application as its previous system was heavily reliant on manual processes and was no longer sustainable as the business expanded.
- Infor10 ERP Business was selected based on Infor’s extensive knowledge and experience in the shipbuilding industry, as well as the breadth and depth of functionality in the application.
- South Boats was particularly impressed with the comprehensive MRP and Bill of Materials capabilities within ERP Business, deemed essential as vessels comprise many thousands of different components and most possess some unique customer requirements and specifications.
- The project-based functionality and analysis provided by the application will enable South Boats to harness better management information to help with planning, and support understanding of cost drivers within the business.
- South Boats will also use ERP Business to better manage its service and aftermarket division, enhancing customer service and profitability.
South Boats quote
“Each vessel we produce is worth between £1 million and £3 million, and is often customised to clients’ needs. In order to continue to evolve our product range and support ambitious growth plans, we needed an ERP application which would provide us with more control on our cost drivers, while optimising production and maximising profitability,” comments Ben Stephens, financial director, South Boats. “ERP Business facilitates greater visibility into our costs and production, helping us to continue to grow the business and maintain our market share.”
“In today’s turbulent markets, manufacturers cannot afford to give away market share as a result of systems which simply aren’t fit for purpose,” comments Phil Burgess, VP of ERP sales in the UK, Infor. “Through investing in ERP Business, South Boats can focus on running its business and realising its growth ambitions, safe in the knowledge that it has an application designed for the specific needs and challenges inherent in its industry.”