Achieves 17 Percent Total Revenue Growth and 21 Percent GAAP Net Income Growth
• Record first quarter total revenues of $196.0 million, up 17 percent year-over-year
• Record first quarter license revenues of $80.1 million, up 12 percent year-over-year
• Record first quarter GAAP earnings per diluted share of $0.24 and non-GAAP earnings per diluted share of $0.35
• Record deferred revenues of $234.7 million
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012.
“As organizations aspire to become data-centric enterprises, the role of data integration within the IT infrastructure is more critical than ever,” said Sohaib Abbasi, chairman and CEO, Informatica. “As the largest independent leader in data integration, with a track record of continual innovation and customer success, Informatica is well-prepared to pursue this growth opportunity.”
Financial Highlights for the First Quarter Ended March 31, 2012
Total revenues for the first quarter of 2012 were $196.0 million, an increase of 17 percent from $168.0 million in the first quarter of 2011. License revenues were $80.1 million, an increase of 12 percent from $71.5 million in the first quarter of 2011.
Income from operations for the first quarter, calculated in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), was $38.0 million, up 19 percent from $31.9 million in the first quarter of 2011.
GAAP net income for the first quarter of 2012 was $26.5 million, up 21 percent from $21.9 million in the first quarter of 2011, and GAAP net income per diluted share was $0.24, up 20 percent from $0.20 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2011.
Non-GAAP income from operations for the first quarter of 2012 was $56.6 million, up 27 percent from $44.6 million in the first quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP net income for the first quarter of 2012 was $39.5 million, up 28 percent from $30.9 million in the first quarter of 2011 and non-GAAP net income per diluted share was $0.35, up 25 percent from $0.28 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP income from operations and non-GAAP net income exclude charges and tax benefits related to the amortization of acquired technology and intangible assets, facilities restructuring and facility lease termination costs, building operating expenses (benefit), acquisitions and other charges (benefit), and share-based compensation. A reconciliation of GAAP results to non-GAAP results is included below.
For the quarter ended March 31, 2011, earnings per diluted share was calculated on an “if converted” basis, including the add-back of $0.8 million, of interest and convertible notes issuance cost amortization, net of applicable income taxes. The add-back of $0.8 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2011 represents interest and convertible note issuance cost amortization until the redemption of the convertible notes on March 18, 2011.
Additional Highlights Achieved Since January 2012:
• Announced partnership with MapR to offer joint support to deliver high performance big data integration and analysis. Informatica supports MapR's distribution for Hadoop with the Informatica Platform. In addition, Informatica HParser Community Edition is available for download as part of the MapR distribution from the MapR website.
• Announced Cloud Support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Informatica Cloud now provides native support for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online customers can leverage cloud integration technology to easily synchronize their CRM data with on-premise back-office applications such as Microsoft Dynamics ERP, Oracle EBS and SAP, as well as databases, other cloud applications and social data sources.
• Announced Cloud OEM with Xactly. Xactly has embedded Informatica Cloud as a key component of its Xactly Express offering, the industry's first self-service sales compensation management software. Customers can easily and quickly synchronize data within Xactly Express with data in on-premise back-end systems and additional cloud applications.
• Awarded 'Most Innovative Security Product of the Year'. Info Security Products Guide recognized Informatica Dynamic Data Masking in its 2012 Global Excellence Awards for its innovation in enabling organizations to meet compliance requirements, protect personal and sensitive information and reduce the risk of a data breach.
• Identified as a Leader in Enterprise ETL. The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise ETL, Q1 2012 noted, “Informatica offers the most comprehensive ETL solution to support any requirement. Informatica continues to be one of the most dominant vendors in the ETL market. It has strong scalability, deployment options, security, transformation techniques, collaboration, and monitoring.”
• Informatica World 2012 To Showcase How Companies Can Maximize Return On Big Data. Industry veteran, Sohaib Abbasi, will discuss the transformation of the IT industry and the rise of big data. Abbasi will also highlight innovations in Informatica's next platform release, for organizations to maximize return on big data.