CKWB is offering customers US Stock trading to expand its wealth management services and provide its customers with access to the largest securities market in the world through the NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ.
Designed with ease of use in mind, the CKWB trading site supports three languages - English, traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese. It also enables customers to have immediate trading capability for US stocks upon opening a US securities trading account and offers same day funds transfer service in support of that trading.
Ms. Phoebe Wong, Senior Vice President and Head of Wealth Management and Strategic Planning Department of CKWB, commented, âWe aspire to be the âbest of classâ full service offshore PRC bank, offering value-creating financial solutions to Greater China and overseas customers to define and exceed both their wealth management and international business objectives. This US securities trading offering places CKWB in a leadership position in this market.â
CKWB selected MWI to implement this trading solution and MWI then introduced ADP Clearing as the clearing service provider because of their combined industry experience. MWI, the developer of the TD Waterhouse internet trading system in the 1990s, provided both the business and technology level consulting on cross-border securities trading including introduction of relevant corporate parties and their related services that MWI then integrated into the CKWB trading system. ADP Clearing and MWI worked with CKWB to create a powerful, yet intuitively user-friendly trading platform.
ADP Clearingâs implementation:
- Provides ease of use trading functions that support the time difference considerations of global trading; specifically the availability of market, limit, stop limit and good till orders.
- Helps to build an efficient cash management process that enables customers to transmit funds for trading on the same day.
- Offers dual fulfillment â CKWB customers can now access their e-transaction confirmations and monthly statement online at any time, anywhere.
Mr. Joe Barra, President of ADP Clearing said, âADP is a leader in providing cross-border processing services that sees Greater China as a strategic growth opportunity so we are delighted to be the transaction services provider for CKWBâs i-banking trading offering. CKWB is uniquely positioned to develop global securities trading in its market and we at ADP look forward to tailoring our capabilities to their unique market and regulatory requirements.â
The MWI implementation includes:
- A single log on process to CKWBâs i-banking where a customer can access the worldâs largest stock market, in their language of choice â English, traditional Chinese, or simplified Chinese
- Straight through trading â Customers can enjoy âOne Clickâ trading throughout the web site.
- Customized cash up front business calculating model - Customers, with a single view, can track funds availability for trading, taking into consideration all pending settlement transactions and open orders.
Mr. Jose Pierre, President of MWI, commented, âWorking on the implementation of this system is very significant because we are creating a new system with new functions in a new market and that market is Greater China. We are also creating new business relationships bringing together top tier financial services firms from multiple continents, with the objective of offering a trading platform that features ease of use, outstanding market analysis, and cross-border funds handling that should result in a very satisfying trading experience for the CKWB end user investor.â