SINGAPORE (May 12, 2005) â Dow Jones Newswires, the world's leading independent real-time business and financial news provider, today announced the launch of "Dow Jones CommentaryPlus," a comprehensive, real-time commentary and analysis service focused on the interest-rate swaps and foreign-exchange options markets in G7 and Asia-Pacific countries.
Aimed at market professionals in Asia, "CommentaryPlus" provides trading ideas for the foreign-exchange, fixed-income and credit markets, based on detailed analysis of market instruments and economic, monetary, and political developments around the world. It highlights profit opportunities based on market trends and offers frequent and concise updates on market activity ("MarketTalk"), and daily round-ups of key markets.
The service is produced by a team of reporters and analysts based in New York and Singapore, led by news editor William Mallard, a veteran journalist with nearly 20 years of experience. Mr. Mallard joined Dow Jones Newswires in November 2000 as Japan bureau chief before transferring to Singapore in April 2003 to take up the role of news editor for the Money desk. "CommentaryPlus" also draws on the global Dow Jones network of nearly 1,700 news staff, the largest network of business journalists in the world.
"With 'CommentaryPlus,' we've created one of the most comprehensive commentary services on the market, offering a highly valuable package of information and analysis," said David Fung, managing director of Asia Pacific, Dow Jones Newswires. "We believe 'CommentaryPlus' will help market professionals make wiser trading decisions faster."
"Dow Jones CommentaryPlus" is updated continuously during the business week and is available via Reuters, Bloomberg and dowjonesnews.com as a single product or in a package with the "Dow Jones Economic Report." It includes the following specific content:
- Trading ideas for interest rate swaps in U.S. dollar, Japanese Yen, Euro and regional currencies.
- Trading ideas for foreign-exchange options in major global and Asia-Pacific currencies.
- Trading strategies in Asia-Pacific fixed-income markets.
- Ideas for credit derivatives trading in instruments where Asia-Pacific investors are active.
- Technical analysis of fixed-income, foreign-exchange and equities markets.
- Market Talk â a continuous stream of short, fast items during the Asian day, providing trading ideas, market intelligence, rumours and quick analysis of data & policy developments that move the markets.
- Weekly, in-depth, analytical columns forecasting and discussing policy and macroeconomic developments.
- Daily calendars listing upcoming policy events and macroeconomic data releases around the world.
- Fast coverage of global bond issuance activity, including credit ratings and a bond issuance pipeline for international issues by Asian credits.
- Access to market-moving coverage by such influential Dow Jones publications as The Wall Street Journal and Barron's.