The international derivatives market Eurex will be launching options on the equity of Sampo Oyj on March 21. This brings the total number of Scandinavian equity options listed on Eurex up to seven. The derivatives market is also expanding its European market-making program: As of April 1, Eurex will be offering advanced market making for Scandinavian equity options with the aim of increasing the liquidity of trading in these options.
The new market making model which was introduced on January 1 this year consists of three tiers: In addition to the existing Regular Market Making, with market makers responding to quotes, Eurex will offer market participants Permanent Market Making and Advanced Market Making for all its European equity and equity index options.
Permanent Market Making will require market makers to continuously quote for equity or equity index options. Currently, Permanent Market Making is available for selected equity and equity index options only. The newly introduced Advanced Market Making comprises continuous quotation for pre-defined packages of equity and index options. Market makers can opt for seven complete equity and index option packages.
- Dow Jones Euro STOXX 50 (option on the Dow Jones Euro STOXX 50 index as well as all equity options on its index components)
- DAX (option on the DAX index and all equity options on its index components)
- SMI (option on the SMI index and all equity options on index components)
- Dutch equity options (all Dutch equity options listed on Eurex)
- French equity options (all French equity options listed on Eurex)
- Italian equity options (all Italian equity options listed on Eurex)
- Scandinavian equity options (option on the OMXH25 index as well as all Scandinavian equity options listed on Eurex)