San Francisco, 25 November 2004 - Calypso Technology, a leading provider of cross-asset front to back trading and trade processing systems, announced today that it has made numerous appointments globally due to increased client demand and significant growth in 2004.
"We've experienced dynamic growth across all regions this year, having signed clients such as, SunTrust Bank, M. Safra, NewSmith Capital and LCH Clearnet. The expansion of our support team has been instrumental in helping to deliver successful implementations for existing clients, including Citigroup and Sumitomo Trust & Banking," said Charles Marston, CEO of Calypso Technology. "The recent appointments are key to Calypso's growth and we will continue to build on our in-house expertise with more strategic appointments going forward."
Overall, headcount increased by 46% throughout 2004 and Calypso has recently made several key appointments in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific:
* In addition to increasing client support with several appointments, Calypso has expanded its sales team in the US with the hire of Larry Cenci as Senior Sales Executive in New York. Larry joins from ADP, where he served as global account manager. As Senior Sales Executive, Larry will drive sales in the region. Larry was president of Leading Edge Technologies, prior to its acquisition by ADP, and brings over 20 years of experience with fixed income capital markets systems to Calypso.
* Calypso has also increased its presence in Asia Pacific, with the appointment of Sean McDermott as a Tokyo-based sales executive for the region as well as making new hires in the support team. Sean joins from Wall Street Systems, where he served as Country Manager for Japan and has been brought on board to accommodate increased customer demand in Asia.
* In Europe, Naoko Fader brings 11 years of experience of financial markets to Calypso's European sales team and a strong background in fixed income and credit. Naoko joins from Iris Financial.
* Bimal-Jay Umeria joins Calypso's support team in London. Bimal joins from Deutsche Bank, where his focus was on front end credit derivatives trading systems.
* Robert Finnell has been appointed as a General Counsel in Calypso's San Francisco headquarters. Robert brings over 19 years of experience as inside legal counsel to rapidly growing private and publicly-held technology companies and was formerly Vice President, General Counsel, and Assistant Secretary of PeopleSoft, Inc.