Offers Educational Content, Full-Service Trading, Lower Account Minimums
WARREN, NJ, January 22, 2004 â GAIN Capital Group, a provider of foreign exchange trading and asset management services, today announced the launch of FOREX.com (www.forex.com), a new educational and trading portal for retail investors. The site seeks to support the growing number of new entrants to the Foreign Exchange (Forex) market, including self-directed traders from other financial markets who are in need of increased education and support services.
"Over the past several years, the Forex market has gone from being virtually unknown to most retail investors into one that now attracts individual investors worldwide, and of varied experience levels," commented Mark Galant, CEO and Founder of GAIN Capital Group. "A new awareness that currency prices impact entire financial markets, as well their own personal portfolios, has driven individual investors to look at the profit opportunities offered by forex," continued Galant. "Our goal for FOREX.com is to provide a comprehensive resource for individuals who are comfortable making their own investment decisions, but have little or no experience trading foreign currencies."
The FOREX.com offering includes:
- A new browser-based trading platform developed exclusively for FOREX.com â requires no download or installation, eliminating the technology hurdle of lengthy, complicated software installation.
- A protective margin policy - limits risk to funds on deposit, guaranteeing against negative account balances.
- Extensive learning section - includes educational content, access to training courses, market research and more.
- Wireless trading capabilities â provides traders with anytime, anywhere access to their accounts, crucial in the 24-hour Forex market.
- A free 30-day demo account - allows traders to practice in a live environment without putting capital at risk.
- Forex mini accounts - allows traders to open an account with as little as $250 and control up to 200x leverage.
"FOREX.com allows us to maintain the professional-level offering at GAIN Capital, while at the same time, tailor our product and service to the exact requirements of the retail market," said Mr. Galant.