Chosen for its expertise in the development of financial services management software in J2EE technologies
The development of FAMOS lasted two years and involved a large multi-national team including representatives from BMW Group in the UK and Germany and suppliers from the UK and Germany. The system was specified following an exhaustive business requirements evaluation, which included taking into account the views of the dealer network. The new system has been configured as a unified centralised "on-line" Web application hosted in BMW Group> '> s central IT Centre in Munich. The new application will significantly improve the speed and efficiency of the financial services sales process both in the dealership and in BMW's Customer Service Centre and completes the entire process right through to the booking of the contract in the back-office system:
- The dealer can produce and compare multiple quotations for BMW and MINI Financial Services'full range of products, which includes Hire Purchase, Lease Purchase, Select (Personal Contract Purchase), Contract Hire and Leasing. The system also supports full point of sale integration of BMW's range of insurance products, which includes Guaranteed Payment Plans and Shortfall insurance.
- Dealers have comprehensive on-line access to all information about their customers and are able to obtain on-line settlement quotations (subject to the customer's approval). The system is supported by full model data, including current residual value information sourced from both CAP and Glasses.
- Dealers can print the agreement and request payout on-line.
David Hannah, BMW Group Financial Services Commercial Director commented:"We are delighted with the successful launch of FAMOS to the UK BMW dealer network. The system has been very well received by the dealers, offering excellent response times and great flexibility."
FAMOS includes 3 principal modules:
- POS or Point of Sale. Dedicated to the dealer, this module provides the functionality to produce and prepare multiple quotations, capture and submit proposals and request payout.
- CSC or Customer Service Centre. This module facilitates underwriting, proposal management, tracking and reporting and payout processing.
- ADMIN or Administration module. This module enables configuration of the application and management of the extensive date repository (Financial products, Services, Dealer packages, Dealer details, Vehicle information, Residual Values, Users, etc.)
Technical environment :
- Component : Environment
- Thin client : Navigators: MS IE 6+ and Netscape Communicator 6+
- HTTP server : OS: UNIX, Linux or Windows NT/2000> Apache, Iplanet, BEA Weblogic or IBM Websphere
- Application server : OS: UNIX, Linux or Windows NT/ 2000 Tomcat/JBoss, BEA Weblogic or IBM Websphere
- Database server : OS: UNIX or Windows NT/2000 RDBMS: Oracle, Sybase, DB2