"We are seeing tremendous demand for comprehensive yet flexible investment management solutions in Asia Pacific," said Cameron Field. "The Charles River Investment Management System (Charles River IMS) offers a unique combination of functionality, performance, flexible deployment and local customisation options that provide the broad asset class, 24/7, and multi-currency environment support fund managerâs need."
"Our comprehensive offering is appealing to local fund managers as well as global asset management companies with branch offices in the region," said Peter Lambertus, president and CEO of Charles River. "We are committed to supporting the Asia-Pacific marketplace and will continue to make investments in staff, offices, services, and partnerships that will help investment managers in the region execute trades efficiently, streamline operations, and mitigate risk."
Charles River currently maintains two offices in Asia-Pacific and has 16 clients in the region. The firm has software development and implementation experts based in its Singapore office dedicated to customisation efforts and on-site services for local customers. Charles Riverâs Sydney office focuses on sales and professional services.
Comprehensive Investment Management Capabilities
Charles River IMS is an integrated front and middle-office software suite for portfolio management (Charles River Manager), order management and trading (Charles River Trader), and real-time securities compliance monitoring (Charles River Compliance).
Highlights for asset managers in Asia-Pacific include:
- Full modelling, trading and compliance support for 24/7 operations and all security types including equities, options, fixed income, money market, futures, foreign exchange, and derivatives
- Global compliance rule libraries with over 1,000 standard compliance rules covering the U.S. SEC 1940 Act, U.S. Rule 2a-7, UK FSA, Japan's ITA and many more. User-friendly, GUI-driven functions facilitate configuration of complicated user-defined rules
- Support for commonly used FIX message types, including List messages, IOIs (Indications Of Interest) and Qualified/Foreign Investor IDs
- Certified regional FIX connections to broker dealers including Deutsche Bank, Salomon Smith Barney and UBS Warburg
- Support for many yield calculation methods for securities like Australian Fixed Interest instruments
- FIX-based interface to IRESS (IRESS Order System) for order execution
- Support for the Kanji character set