Ramanuj brings 24 years of experience in the IT industry with particular expertise in the smartcard and network communications arena. He joins ACT from ActivCard Inc in the US, a provider of multi-factor authentication, password management and trusted digital identities. As a lead consultant, he handled major government, enterprise and financial projects in the US and overseas.
Prior to this Ramanuj co-founded General Information Systems (GIS), a supplier of smart card systems and end user equipment and before this, he co-founded Card Dymamics Limited. Here, he was responsible for advising large corporations including Olympus, Oracle and UK government departments such as Social Security, Central Technology and The Foreign and Commonwealth Office on the use of smart cards.
"I am thrilled to be joining ACT at such an exciting point in the companyâs development," Ramanuj said. "It is already an established leader of smartcard solutions and I look forward to building and capitalising on this success by generating new business leads in the UK, European and US markets."
Gary Watts, managing director at ACT, commented: "Ramanuj is an industry guru with strong commercial acumen gained from his position at leading smartcard and electronic commerce consultancies. His proven track record of winning major new customers and executing strategic initiatives will be a valuable asset to ACT. In addition, his in-depth market knowledge will be a huge benefit both to us and to our customers."
Significant recent achievements include:
- Technical advisor to Olympus Corporation of Japan on their future card strategy. Analysis of different card technologies and their prospects for the next 5 to 10 years.
- Advisor to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office on the implementation of a smartcard based VIP management system for Expo â98 in Lisbon and Expo 2000 in Hanover.
- Technical advisor to Aston University and De Mountfort University on their âSmart Campusâ project integrating physical and information access, payment and data management throughout the campus.
- Advisor to the Dutch PTT on the International use of smartcards.
- Smart card advisor to the National Westminster Bank in London, Schroeder Venture and UK post office.
- Lecturer in smartcard technology in Hong Kong, Turkey, South Africa, Singapore, UK and USA.
- Government smartcard advisor to the United Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Ramanuj graduated at the University of Wales in Computer Architecture and furthered his study by gaining a MSc in high speed computer networks from Cambridge University.
For further information, please contact:
Richard Merrin/Seema Lalloo/Georgina Coles
Tel:+44 (0) 20 7388 9988
Tel:+44 (0) 1249 751200