- Strategies for improving working capital management, minimizing risk and complying with accounting regulations
- Presented in conjunction with PricewaterhouseCoopers
- London, 4 March 2004
London, 25 February 2004 - Trema, the premier provider of strategic treasury solutions, is to host a series of forums to help corporations improve the performance of their treasury. Changing working practices and technology within treasury departments can significantly improve large organizations' efficiency and, ultimately, profitability.
The events will address crucial issues such as establishing in-house banks to improve working capital management, reducing risk through hedge accounting and the impact of recent accounting regulations. The Trema Executive Forums are being held in London, DÃ¼sseldorf and New York in conjunction with PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
Divya Mistry, Senior Manager, PwC and speaker at the London event, comments, "Many companies can improve their management of cash-flow and working capital. Working capital being the heart of the organisation, its performance is at the top of many corporate agendas. Often more cash can be released from the cycle, but management need the visibility to see where it is tied up and to measure themselves against best practices. Our goal is to help them achieve this and deliver sustainable improvements. We have worked with Trema for years, assisting a number of corporations to improve their operations. Ongoing dialogue is vital in our industry and this event will be extremely beneficial."
MichÃ¨le Fitzpatrick, CEO, Trema, adds, "As operational efficiency and financial accountability become increasingly vital to organizations, Trema Executive Forums provide a unique opportunity for industry leaders to discuss ways to improve their business' performance and how to get the maximum benefit from strategic technology. Trema aims to encourage a forward-looking dialogue among industry experts with the ultimate aim of increasing efficiency and profitability and enabling them to protect themselves from risk."
Key speakers at the event will include:
- Divya Mistry, Senior Manager, PwC - Discussing how multinational corporations can maximize their working capital in order to improve cash flows, reduce risk and strengthen their overall financial positions.
- Olle Malmgren, Product Expert, Trema - Examining the potential value of an in-house bank to enable straight-through processing of fund transfers and real-time viewing of global cash, FX and banking activity.
- Frans Prinsloo, PwC - Focusing on the implementation of IAS 39, how it will affect corporates and what strategies can be enacted to deal with it.
- George Brown, Product Expert, Trema - Exploring hedge accounting management with a view to optimising hedging efficiency in order to reduce risk.