Based on the two-year, global agreement between Thomson Financial and Pictet, Thomson ONE Analytics will initially be deployed on over 120 usersâ desktops in seven locations worldwide.
Mr. Michel Mermoux, Data Feed Manager, Pictet commented: âUsing the Thomson ONE Analytics application, fund managers and analysts in our offices around the world can integrate information vital to our investment research process to help them successfully identify investment opportunities. Our relationship with Thomson Financial spans over 18 years and Thomson ONE Analytics improves our research and analysis workflow and is the best solution for our research needs".
Thomson ONE Analytics is the real-time, integrated analytical workflow solution for institutional investors, offering world-class content â in context â combined with powerful analytical tools and intelligent navigation. Thomson ONE Analytics enables clients to monitor markets, portfolios and securities; identify and analyze investment opportunities; and communicate their findings. Thomson ONE Analytics also offers an Excel add-in that provides dynamic access to the integrated content directly in a Microsoft Excel environment, enabling clients to quickly and easily build models and analyze data.
"We are pleased to expand our long standing relationship with Pictet with the deployment of Thomson ONE Analytics. We are equally pleased that they identified this comprehensive solution as the most appropriate for streamlining and enhancing their teamâs investment research and analytical workflow, reinforcing the overall market feedback we have received to date," said Suresh Kavan, President of Thomson Financial's Investment Management Group. "This agreement is another example of how Thomson ONE Analytics efficiently meets the requirements of one of the worldâs leading asset management firms, eliminating the need to build an expensive solution. We are confident that Thomson ONE Analytics will help Pictet analysts reach superior investment decisions with confidence and speed."
Thomson ONE Analytics provides Pictet with integrated access to the following:
Real-Time Research Documents, Corporate Information, Analyst/Broker Profiles
- First Call real-time global analyst morning notes
- First Call real-time, global equity and fixed income broker-sourced research reports
- SEC filings from Disclosure
- First Call Events â Earnings release and conference call event details
- Detailed profile information on contributing brokers and analysts, including key metrics, coverage universe and historical accuracy
- Real-time corporate news releases
- Thomson Financialâs proprietary market research
Analyst and In-House Forecast Estimates
- First Call global analyst forecast estimatesâconsensus and detail, featuring more than 20 forecast measures including EPS, Revenue, Cash Flow, EBITDA, EBG, Price Targets and more
- I/B/E/S global aggregated forecast data at the country, sector and industry levels
- Usersâ in-house forecasts to compare to the sell-side view
Company, Market and Holdings Data
- Datastream macroeconomic and monetary indicator charts
- Datastream historical price charts
- Equity pricing from Thomson Financial
- Global institutional holdings data from Thomson Financial
- Market indices data
Thomson ONE Analytics is a component of Thomson ONE, a flexible, open application framework that allows for the easy integration of content and tools from Thomson Financial, third parties and clientsâ own proprietary systems. Thomson ONE has the ability to deliver tailored integration, without the high cost of ownership and unwanted features. It is both an architecture and new service configurable to the specific needs of corporate finance, institutional, brokerage and fixed income market professionals. Each component within the solution suite is tailored to a different audience: Thomson ONE Equity is aimed at the institutional equities market; Thomson ONE Banker is aimed at the investment banking market; Thomson ONE Analytics is aimed at the institutional investment market. Thomson Financial will launch Thomson ONE Yield for fixed income users and portfolio management and investor relations product suites in Europe later in the year and early 2004.