22 May 2003 - RightNow Technologies, the world's leading provider of hosted customer service and support solutions, today announced a significant new services initiative, CORE(tm) , designed to quantifiably optimise customer service operations.
RightNow's new services initiative is based on the understanding that customers have their own unique services needs for RightNow's eService CentreTM that evolve over time. The solution includes lifecycle implementation packages and toolsets, project planning services, optimisation audit consulting, upgrade coaching, reports coaching, and customised consulting services.
RightNow CORE Professional Services provide fixed-price packages and custom-scoped services to guarantee a cost-effective and reduced risk solution. RightNow also incorporates its Standard of Business Practice in every engagement to promise accountability and ethical conduct.
CORE Professional Services represent a comprehensive services portfolio targeted at achieving rapid results with specific services, designed to help existing and new customers optimise and evolve their solutions over the long-term. Based on a customer's particular stage in the lifecycle and the complexity of its business needs, CORE Professional Services help customers determine the appropriate implementation packages in addition to value-add consulting, education services, and integration /customisation services.
Continuous Optimisation Services ensure customers take full advantage of eService features and functions, best practices and, most importantly, realising measurable business results. To ensure clear deliverables and successful results, the method utilises detailed project charters and project plans, LifeCycle Service Plans, Best Practice Scorecards, and additional templates and sample deliverables. Education Services provide Computer based training (CBTs), staff certification, basic and advanced workshops, user conferences, and customised education services.
Examples of CORE services include:
- Optimisation Audits help customers adapt to changes in needs, solution goals and strategies. Services include audits, upgrade and/or reporting coaching, new features implementation and customised consulting.
- Integration with existing call centre infrastructure, in addition to back and front-office applications.
- Modeled best practices in overall customer service, as well as specific verticals. The company also provides best practices to transform customer service from a cost centre to an opportunity centre that contributes to top-line revenues.
- Customised interfaces to provide consistency with brand and marketing initiatives
- Optimised operations through 90-minute "tune-ups" to dramatically increase ROI, and customer satisfaction, including Web site design modifications that significantly increase the percentage of customers finding answers to their own questions online.
- The challenges customer service organisations face are often very specific to their particular combination of current practices, existing technology mix, strategic business objectives, vertical market, and corporate culture," RightNow Founder and CEO Greg Gianforte, said.
"RightNow's Professional Services team possesses a proven ability to effectively address these organisation-specific challenges with a unique methodology that understands customer's evolving needs. CORE Professional Services will help build world-class customer service and support organisations."
CORE Professional Services focus on these four areas:
- Continuous Activities - Services provided throughout the solution lifecycle to ensure optimal ROI;
Optimisation - Reviews of primary business goals and enhancements to solution strategies and tactics are recommended;
Results - Clear objectives are set mutually with the customer and delivered on our customers' terms, and;
Expert Solutions - Expert solutions are provided by consultants with business and technical expertise from more 1,000 deployments.
Unlike many other enterprise software companies, RightNow does not provide technical services simply to ensure its applications function as promised. "CORE Professional Services go far beyond initial deployment. Without exception, RightNow's hosted software solutions are functioning and delivering results for our customers within weeks or even days without requiring us to finish the solution with a cadre of consultants," said Mike Maszka, vice president of professional services. "Our CORE Professional Services deliver a true value-add, focused exclusively on dramatically improving the quantified business performance of customer service organisations."
CORE Professional Services in Action
A year after implementation, Thule, Inc., wanted to decrease the number of incoming emails and phone calls. RightNow provided a 90-minute "Tune-Up".
The results of the Tune-Up program were outstanding. Sixteen days before the Tune-Up, Thule processed almost 500 emails from 3,700 self-service sessions. Sixteen days after the Tune-Up, this dropped to only 200 questions - despite the fact that self-service volume had risen to 8,460 sessions - with a success rate of over 97 percent. Incoming phone call volumes also dropped appreciably.