Société Générale Joins BondVision

Milan, June 4, 2003 – Société Générale has joined BondVision as Dealer, bringing the number of liquidity providers on the Exchange to 24 and further reinforcing the depth and quality of prices available to BondVision clients.

Société Générale’s decision reflects the continued progress of BondVision, particularly in France, since the introduction on the system of additional French instruments such as the ERAP’s EMTN program and the inflation-linked securities issued by CADES. The recent launch of the EuroMTS Index, the real time pan European government bond indices widely tracked by French fund managers, has also brought increased interest in BondVision as it will integrate trading capabilities able to easily replicate the index.

Frédéric Desclaux, Head of Fixed Income for Institutional Sales at Société Générale said: "We are very pleased to join BondVision and to contribute to the growth of the Dealer-to-Client market in France and in the rest of Europe. Joining BondVision allows us to easily extend our prices from the MTS network to the European buy-side."

As the client base and turnover volumes grow, BondVision remains committed to its primary objective of offering a trading solution that responds to the needs of Institutional Clients. Fund managers have been accounting for 75% of the total turnover on the system with the remaining 25% divided between supranational entities and bank counterparties who use BondVision as a complementary tool to the MTS Markets. Clients access and trade on BondVision free of charge.

Press Release Contact:
Allan Malvar
Corporate Communications
Tel. +44 20 7786 6049

Become a bobsguide member to access the following

1. Unrestricted access to bobsguide
2. Send a proposal request
3. Insights delivered daily to your inbox
4. Career development