California-based Kx was nominated in the "technology to the sell side" category, one of 41 categories for which The Banker received nearly 1,000 nominations. The prizes and commendations will be awarded today at an event in London. Consultants from Kx strategic partner First Derivatives will be on hand to receive the award.
"We are honored to be included in such a prestigious set of awards," said Janet Lustgarten, CEO of Kx Systems. "Customers know us for the advantages that our high-performance software brings to their businesses, and this recognition is an exciting confirmation of our value to them."
Kx won for its kdb/tick application, which supports data capture, management and analysis in leading financial markets firms worldwide. In todayâs financial markets, a firm that can perform trades faster and more efficiently also stands to trade more profitably.
Kdb/tick enables any market participant to achieve fast and efficient trading because of:
- flexibility that allows traders to execute previously impossible analytics on vast amounts of data and receive results in near real-time.
- very fast ROI of typically 3 months, and rapid implementation â typically 3 weeks
- unique ability to support a combination of real-time calculations on streaming data, along with correlation of real-time data with nearly limitless volumes of historical data. Kdb/tick can do this because of the high-performance structure of its relational database and because its SQL-compliant query language has time-series functionality built in.
- use of open standards, including support for Linux, Windows and Solaris systems, as well as interfaces to C Java, JDBC and ODBC.
- Kdb/tick not only captures data quickly from multiple sources, it also delivers an exceptionally rapid and integrated platform for developing time-series analytics.