NEW YORK (January 28, 2003) - - - FAME Information Services, Inc., the leading provider of historical and reference data management solutions for the financial, energy and public sector markets, recapped its successes during 2002 showing highly positive results in many areas. During this timeframe, FAME reorganized, revenues held steady, and the Company launched a new, focused growth strategy, driving substantially increased profitability and contract renewal rates of 90%.
Dale Richards, CEO of FAME Information Services, said, "Our commitment to continual investment in the best technology, the best people and the best partnerships has carried FAME through these tough economic times and has FAME well-positioned for an outstanding 2003. Our new ReferencePoint Plus outsourcing strategy will further support FAME's expansion. While the Market Data industry, in general, is expecting further decline in 2003, the Data Management Solutions and Technology sector is gearing up for 2 to 3 year up-turn. This is a very new FAME."
Among the year's highlights have been:
- Statkraft, Norway's largest energy production utility selected FAME's market database technology
- FAME's partnership with VhaYu Technologies expanded to include the delivery of tick data capture and real-time analytics
- FAME's new partnership with Fincad is giving clients access to financial analytics through the FAME Data Management Suite
- Ernst and Young granted Cyber Certification to FAME's Energy Data Services for the third time
- FAME launched its FAME Data Management Suite, which features enhanced support for additional forms of reference data, market data, consolidated data views and ensures maximum data quality
- The launch of energySCOPE 5.0, the latest version of FAME's Internet-enabled charting software
- FAME forged a strategic partnership with AgentWare delivering the combination of FAME's infrastructure and financial market data and AgentWare's rich front-end analytics
- FAME announced data distribution agreements with Deutsche BÃ¶rse, EEX, and released Dow Jones Power indices
"We selected FAME because of its powerful technology, responsiveness and reputation as a quality market data leader," said Andrew Turner, managing director, Investment Management and Research, Frank Russell Company. "By centralizing our analytics on FAME's platform, we've gained increased functionality and speed."
Dale Richards continued, "FAME remains the preferred 'single point of purchase' for managed data services and software solutions to financial, energy and public sector markets. Our customers confirm that FAME's reputation is unrivaled - with FAME, they increase functionality and gain significant competitive advantages. We're looking forward to a very successful 2003."