21st January 2003, Dublin, Ireland - Altamedius the leading provider of next generation payment intermediation technology, today announced iCon(tm) 3.0, the latest release of the company's flagship product for secure payment intermediation.
iCon(tm) is an open, standards-based product, combining world class Ewallet, Stored Value Account (SVA) and payment processing capabilities and featuring integral support for multiple payment-centred applications such as Mobile Payments, Micro payments, Macro payments and Person-to-Person payments.
This latest release greatly enhances the market leading solution which is already deployed by leading Mobile Operators and Financial Institutions. It has been used in particular to add major feature enhancements to the core SVA account management system. Specific enhancements include :
- Enhanced risk management, exposure control and fraud detection schemes
- Extended payment processing support for unpaid items and exception management
- Comprehensive operational and treasury reporting
- Support for account pooling and grouping
- Expanded settlement billing and revenue management capabilities
- New business adapters to simplify the integration effort with established systems
Commenting on the announcement, Tim Keane, Altamedius Director of Product Management, said "This release delivers an integrated set of enhancements that are 'certified fit for financial transactions'. It further consolidates the Altamedius value proposition to MNOs and Banks and underpins in particular the financial pedigree of our market-leading SVA solution."