Mercury is the first product of its kind using this technology to be offered to the banking & financial services industry. Mercury is an 'Instant Messaging' based financial application development platform which lends itself to application development in the following areas :
- Enterprise-wide information collation and reporting
- Enterprise-dedicated communication platform with IM-based chat, file transfer, offline messaging, etc. with a transcript log facility.
- Work flow management within specific banking & financial business areas like treasury processes, etc.
- Knowledge management with centralised database and client information sharing, etc
- Automated query servicing applications using IM technology
Mercury could be used to develop applications in the areas of treasury management, risk management, ALM management, trade finance, cash management, etc.
Mercury-fx, the first application developed by Credence Analytics using the Mercury platform is aimed at forex treasury operations. Mercury-fx bridges the work-flow processes between the forex dealing room, back office and the authorised dealing branches of the bank. It allows real-time sharing of information, mapping of the specific processes and business logic of the trade services operations of the bank, transaction reporting to HO and confirmation exchange of authorisations and deal processing, provides support for reconciliation between branches and HO including SWIFT reconciliation.
Credence Analytics (www.credenceanalytics.com) is an investment technology solutions firm which combines strong domain and technology skills to offer a wide range of high quality innovative software solutions for the banking & financial services industry. Credence is the market leader for Windows-based treasury solutions and risk management solutions in India.
Credence Analytics is currently demonstrating the Mercury-fx prototype to various banks.