On 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation will come into force in the UK, affecting every business that collects data on its customers.
Financial services is one of the industries most heavily affected, so are institutions on top of compliance?
With 100 days remaining until its implementation date, we take a closer look at how the GDPR legislation is reshaping banking operations, ask where companies should be on their compliance journey, and highlight the dangers institutions face if the deadline is not met.
Topics covered with industry experts include:
• What actually are the obligations that GDPR places upon financial institutions? Are they clear?
• How should new consequences for data breaches introduced by GDPR reshape banks' IT budget?
• Is partnering with solution vendor the only route to GDPR compliance?
• Does GDPR challenge the notion that data is the new money, or does it strengthen that position?
• Is the impact of Brexit on GDPR clear?
• Joanna de Fonseka – Associate, IT/Commercial, Baker & McKenzie LLP
• Ria Halme (LLM, CIPP/E) – Director / Privacy and Data Protection Consultant, Halme Ltd.
• Dov Goldman – VP, Innovation & Alliances, Opus
• Alex Hammond [Moderator] – Managing Editor, bobsguide