NASDAQ OMX Trading Statistics July 2014
NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic1 and Baltic2 markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for July 2014:
- The share trading increased by 8.0% to a daily average of 1.873bn EUR, compared to 1.735bn EUR in July 2013. Compared to the previous month, June 2014, the daily average decreased by 16.8 %.
- Derivatives trading increased by 2,8 % to a daily average of 345,437 contracts, compared with 336,155 contracts in July 2013.
- ETF trading3 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 12.5% to a daily average of 24.4m EUR compared to 27.9m EUR in July 2013.
- Nokia Oyj was the most traded stock during the past month, followed by Nordea Bank AB.
- Deutsche Bank was the most active member during the past month, followed by Morgan Stanley.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks4 decreased to 69.6%, compared to 69.8% previous month.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in Norwegian listed shares5 increased to 5.9% compared to 2.7% previous month.
- The average order book depth on the best price level was larger at NASDAQ OMX Nordic than the second most liquid trading venue, see detailed figures per exchange:
- For OMXC20 companies 3.7 larger
- For OMXH25 companies 3.9 larger
- For OMXS30 companies 2.6 larger
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO6 (European Best Bid and Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 93.0 %
- For OMXH25 companies 92.4 %
- For OMXS30 companies 95.0 %
1) NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm
2) NASDAQ OMX Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius
3) ETF trading figure encompasses NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
4) Source: Thomson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included are all European marketplaces that offer trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic listed shares.
5) NASDAQ OMX offers trading in all of the Oslo Bors listed shares.
6) EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.