NASDAQ OMX Trading Statistics March 2014
NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic and Baltic markets.
Below follows a summary of the statistics for March 2014:
- The share trading increased by 39.6 % to a daily average of 3.268bn EUR, compared to 2.342bn EUR in March 2013. Compared to the previous month, February 2014, the daily average increased by 14.6 %.
- Derivatives trading decreased by 29.7 % to a daily average of 472,950 contracts, compared with 672,855 contracts in March 2013.
- ETF trading (Exchange Traded Funds) increased by 20% to a daily average of 51.7m EUR compared to 43.1m EUR in March 2013.
- Volvo AB was the most traded stock during the past month, followed by Novo Nordisk A/S.
- Merrill Lynch was the most active member during the past month, followed by Deutsche Bank.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks increased to 70.2%, compared to 69.1% previous month.
- The average order book depth on the best price level was larger at NASDAQ OMX Nordic than the second most liquid trading venue, see detailed figures per exchange:
- For OMXC20 companies 3.2 larger
- For OMXH25 companies 3.4 larger
- For OMXS30 companies 2.6 larger
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 90.4 %
- For OMXH25 companies 89.4 %
- For OMXS30 companies 94.5 %
1) NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm
2) NASDAQ OMX Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius
3) ETF trading figure encompasses NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
4) Source: Thomson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included are all European marketplaces that offer trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic listed shares.
5) EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.