The Banque de Développement Local (BDL) in Algiers, North Africa, is implementing the SAB AT core baking software from SAB to serve its one million bank customers across 150 Algerian branches, and principally to better serve its core small-to-medium-sized enterprise (SME) business and trade orientated customers.
The publicly-owned BDL commercial and retail bank awarded the core banking contract to SAB after a competitive tender, which emphasised installation assistance, and expects the project to fully complete by year end. The SAB AT core banking solution will functionally cover all processing aspects of BDL’s banking activities and is being deployed to:
• Modernize BDL’s IT infrastructure and information systems
• Improve the efficient functioning of the bank
• Refocus BDL’s on its core commercial banking business.
• Customise staff workstations to improve customer service
• Support documentation changes which will improve training, communication, adaptation of organic texts, etc.
The bank’s general management commented on the strategic importance of the project in a prepared statement: "BDL could only get involved with a vendor attentive to their needs, and one with knowledge of the banking industry and the constraints of its operating environment”. The existence of the SAB Users Club, comprising of previous users and installation assistance experts, is thought to have been a key determining factor in the award of the contract.