Provides Financial Professionals and Active Traders Real-Time Access to Powerful Data and Tools
Interactive Data Corporation, a leading provider of financial market data, analytics and related solutions, today announced the release of Interactive Data Mobile, a companion offering to the Interactive Data suite of desktop and web-based solutions for financial professionals. The application, which uses the latest technology and delivers streaming financial data and powerful tools, is available on Apple’s iPhone through Apple’s iTunes App Store.
Interactive Data Mobile (formerly known as QuoTrek®) gives financial professionals and active traders easy access to real-time streaming data on their mobile devices, anytime and anywhere. This streaming data can be used in conjunction with Interactive Data’s desktop and web-based products. With Interactive Data Mobile, users can create their own portfolios to obtain detailed data on an issue (including fundamental data on a specific stock), view an intraday or daily chart, follow news on the markets or a specific stock, and monitor the market. Interactive Data Mobile is also available on BlackBerry and other mobile devices.
Two versions of Interactive Data Mobile are immediately available for the iPhone: a free version, which gives iPhone users access to data on a delayed basis, and a subscription-based version that provides users real-time streaming data.
"There is strong demand from consumers and professionals alike for mobile applications that provide valuable financial information at their fingertips," said Paul Famular, vice president of business operations for Interactive Data Desktop Solutions. "Interactive Data Mobile provides clients the data they need via many of the most popular mobile devices available. Interactive Data Mobile is the perfect companion application to our desktop and web-based solutions."
The iPhone application includes five primary screens that keep users informed of the market and allow them to monitor their portfolios:
• Markets – Includes market indices and major instruments representing the stock, futures, Forex and world markets, plus news on various markets throughout the world, top stories, economic news, and more.
• Watch List – Features up to five portfolios containing up to 40 symbols each.
• Quotes with Charts and News – Displays a detailed quote showing open, last, volume, previous, bid, ask, high, low and more with access to a chart and news on a particular issue.
• News – Displays news by category, including top stories, breaking news, economic news, and more.
• Hot Lists - Provides preset scans on the equities and indices; market movers in several categories re-ranked at 30-second intervals.