More Than 25 Percent Growth in Both New Customers and Revenue
Real-Time Innovations (RTI), The Real-Time Middleware Experts, today announced record results for the year ended December 31, 2009. New customer wins and revenue eclipsed the company’s previous records set in 2008, with both increasing more than 25 percent. 2009 marked RTI’s eighth consecutive year of record revenue.
Every quarter of 2009 grew both quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year. Growth was particularly strong in the fourth quarter, with design wins and revenue each increasing more than 50 percent over the comparable period of 2008. These increases provide RTI with significant momentum heading into 2010.
“I couldn’t be more pleased with RTI’s performance in 2009,” commented Dr. Stan Schneider, RTI’s chief executive officer. “The market for Data Distribution Service-based real-time application integration solutions heated up significantly with the emergence of several new commercial and open-source offerings. In light of this and the global economy, our record results and increasing momentum stand as strong testament to the tremendous value and cost savings delivered by our solution. We continue to enjoy more than 70 percent market share and have at least 10 times more customers than our nearest competitors.”
New High-Profile Customers
RTI’s new customers in 2009 featured global leaders across a diverse range of industries, including those serving fast-growing markets such as unmanned vehicles, “smart grid” power infrastructure modernization and high-frequency trading. Important design wins included Citigroup, Volkswagen, Boeing, Grand Coulee Dam, NASA, Plath, Base Ten Systems, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and Xuenn.
With these and other customer additions in 2009, more than 400 independent project teams have succeeded with RTI middleware. The successes encompass many mission-critical applications, including Navy ships, intelligence systems and medical devices. All major versions of RTI middleware are now at U.S. Department of Defense Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 9, the highest level.
More 2009 Achievements
The following are additional 2009 highlights:
• Frost & Sullivan awarded RTI the 2009 North American Unmanned Aircraft Systems Components Market Technology Leadership of the Year Award for the profound impact RTI solutions are making on the unmanned-systems industry.
• Electronic Market Forecasters (EMF) released research that found RTI middleware reduces average costs by 45 percent compared to custom-developed middleware and by 34 percent compared to other commercial solutions. The research also found that RTI was the leading overall supplier of embedded communications middleware.
• RTI made it much easier for developers and integrators to take advantage of its products and Data Distribution Service for Real-Time Systems (DDS) technology with the introduction of free-of-charge licenses for research projects. Eligible projects include internally funded Independent Research and Development (IR&D), early phase Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR), university research and classroom teaching.
• RTI expanded its support for secure and safe applications with the introduction of new Safety and Security Architecture Assessments and complementary partnerships with security leader Tresys and safety leader Verocel.
• RTI continued to focus on customer-optimized solutions by integrating its sales and services organizations under the leadership of industry veteran Curt Schacker, vice president of Field Operations. Dave Scheibenhoffer joined RTI in the newly created role of director of Services Sales.
• RTI significantly expanded its global reach by hiring Lee Cresswell as director of International Sales, based in the U.K., and adding new distributors in the U.K., China, India, Scandinavia, South Africa, South Korea and Turkey. RTI now has more than a dozen distributors in key markets worldwide.
Added Features and Capabilities
In 2009, RTI significantly extended its technology leadership in the market for real-time integration middleware by adding many new capabilities to RTI Data Distribution Service:
• Routing Service: This is the first off-the-shelf, standards-compliant solution for scaling and integrating DDS-based real-time systems across wide area networks and systems of systems.
• Spreadsheet Add-in for Microsoft Excel: This add-in is the first turnkey solution that allows Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to be used for visualization, monitoring, testing and control of DDS applications.
• Security: RTI now offers optimized integrations with the Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) platform and Wind River Systems’ VxWorks MILS Platform 2.0.
• Market-Data Distribution: RTI now provides sample market-data applications and integration with feed handlers from Collaborative Software Initiative (CSI).
• Web Integration: In several public demonstrations, RTI introduced its forthcoming Web Integration Service, which provides seamless integration between DDS-based real-time applications, Web applications and enterprise Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) infrastructures.
Schneider concluded, "RTI is proud to contribute to the success of so many customers. We are also proud of our record of strong growth in a poor economy. We look forward to continuing our record growth in 2010."
Real-Time Innovations (RTI), The Real-Time Middleware Experts, announced today that the Global Equities division of one of the world’s largest f...View article
Real-Time Innovations (RTI), The Real-Time Middleware Experts, announced today that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has selected RTI Data Distributio...View article
Real-Time Innovations (RTI), The Real-Time Middleware Experts, today announced strategic enhancements to capitalize on growth for its Data Distributio...View article