Total revenue grows to Rs 133.22 crores from Rs 89.95 crores for the corresponding quarter of the previous year Consolidated PAT for the first quarter of FY07 stands at Rs 21.35 crores, up from Rs10.30 crores for the corresponding quarter of the previous year
3i Infotech Limited, a global provider of IT solutions and services, today announced its operating results for the quarter ended June 30, 2006.
Consolidated results for the quarter ended June 30, 2006:
• Revenue from operations for the quarter was Rs 128.46 crores, a growth of 45% over the corresponding quarter of the previous year. Total revenue stood at Rs133.22 crores, as against Rs 89.95 crores for the corresponding quarter of the previous year, registering a growth of 48%.
• Profit before interest depreciation & tax (PBIDT) grew by 85% to Rs 34.09 crores, representing a PBIDT margin of 22.8% (excluding other income) as against 19.2% for the corresponding quarter of the previous year. Including other income, the PBIDT margin stood at 25.6% for the quarter as against 20.5% for the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
• Profit after tax grew to Rs 21.35 crores as against Rs 10.30 crores for the corresponding quarter of the previous year. This represents a net margin of 16.0%, as against 11.4% in the corresponding quarter of the previous year. Excluding other income, the net margin stood at 14.0% for the quarter as against 10.5% for the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
• Earnings per share (EPS) increased to Rs 3.68 from Rs 1.58 in the same quarter of the previous year. EPS excluding other income increased to Rs 3.05 from Rs 1.37 in the same quarter of the previous year.
Commenting on the results, Mr. V. Srinivasan, Managing Director & CEO, 3i Infotech Limited, said, “Our business strategy has always been to provide what the market needs. We continue to achieve this through organic and inorganic means, both by developing and acquiring products. This strategy has helped us in client penetration, leading to growth, both through fresh customer acquisitions and
cross selling to existing customers. We will continue to pursue this line of action, which will enable us to make the business model more customer centric, leading to further growth.”
• Software products contributed 47%** of the revenues for the quarter
• Services contributed 53%** to the revenues for the quarter
• During the quarter 3i Infotech signed on 17 new customers for its Banking & Insurance products, KASTLETM and PREMIATM respectively, including Malaysia’s Credit Guarantee Corporation and the Allied Insurance Company of the Maldives Pvt. Ltd.
• The company added four new million dollar clients
3i Infotech has over the years gained substantial domain expertise in the non-voice based BPO services, having been the registrar and share transfer agent for the ICICI Bank for several years and also having done BPO work for the Bank’s other group companies and some other banks in India. In addition the company also has very proven domain expertise in the BFSI vertical, having several
software products for banking, insurance, mutual funds and other capital markets related areas. Not surprisingly, over 70% of the company’s revenue is derived from the BFSI segment. To leverage all these factors, it has been decided to pursue BPO as an important line of business, initially in India and subsequently even globally. To facilitate the same, the company has made a strategic investment of 51% in M/s Delta Services (India) Pvt Ltd, which has a great deal of experience in the BPO domain relating to the Banking & Financial Services segment. Mr. Ravi Jagannathan, who earlier launched our UK operations, will now be based in India and will spearhead the company’s foray into the BPO space.
Industry Certifications and Recognition
3i Infotech received the following additional recognitions in the quarter:
• 3i Infotech has been adjudged the 4th largest Indian Software Products Company for the year 2005-06. *
• For the last two years, 3i Infotech has been among the top 2 Indian Software Product companies in terms of revenue growth rate. *
• CMMI Level 5 Certification: 3i Infotech’s operations of Development, Maintenance, Customization and Implementation of Software Projects, Services and Banking Products are certified at Level 5 of CMMI Model from SEI
• ISO 27001:2005 certification: 3i Infotech has become one of the first few organizations in India to get the ISO 27001:2005 certification for its Thane Data Center. The Data Center currently hosts the prestigious Tax Information Exchange System (TINXSYS), an eGovernance initiative supported by the Ministry of Finance of the Government of India, as well as all the states and union territories
Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Hari Padmanabhan, Deputy Managing Director, stated, “The quarter has been an eventful one for 3i Infotech both in terms of new business as well as raising quality standards. New customers such as the KazInvest Bank, Credit Guarantee Corporation of Malaysia and the Allied Insurance Company of the Maldives Pvt. Ltd have reinforced 3i Infotech’s leadership across regions. Additionally, the CMMI level 5 and ISO 27001:2005 certifications continue to attract new business and ensure that we are servicing them to the highest standards possible.”