Mansfield, Mass., Nov. 28, 2005 – Vanguard Managed Solutions (VanguardMS) delivered a presentation titled "Comprehensive Remote Site Management" at the Wall Street Technology Association’s (WSTA) Managed Services: Challenges and Solutions seminar, held in New York City, September 28th. The address, delivered by VanguardMS marketing communications director Laura Whitcher to an audience of network and security executives, managers, engineers, and analysts working within the global financial community, focused on the business case for managed services to secure and manage corporate remote sites.
Among the highlights of the VanguardMS seminar were:
• The strong business imperatives that require financial services companies to consider managed network & security services for remote locations.
• The economic impact of network security threats on businesses, which, according to the Light Reading Insider, surpassed $15 billion in 2004.
• Key elements that comprise effective network management and security management services.
• Advice for IT professionals seeking to develop an integrated remote management strategy centered more on business needs than technology needs.
• Tips for helping executives create and sustain a successful relationship with a managed service provider.
According to Whitcher, the presentation was well received by the assembled audience. "There are many options available today for companies needing to plan, deploy, and manage the performance of their networked applications. Our presentation focused on ways to identify the requirements based on business needs, and then what to look for when searching for a third party to assist with this complex but increasingly important process."