London, England, March 11, 2005 - Advent Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADVS), a leading provider of global investment management solutions, has strategically re-positioned its European operation, building on the organisation's increasing number of clients in the region. Since 1998, Advent Software has been growing its European business through a series of local offices. As announced in 2004, Advent completed its acquisition of all of its European distributors, and a new European infrastructure has been implemented.
"Our restructuring is building on what has already been a successful operation securing over 150 clients across the region over the last few years," says Håkan Valberg, General Manager EMEA. "Our new structure will provide a stronger focus, making better use of our highly skilled resources to take Advent's proven solutions to the industry's leading investment management institutions."
Leading the new EMEA team is Håkan Valberg, General Manager, who has a proven track record of growing international businesses in senior roles over the last 20 years at IBM, i2 and IMI. The new executive team consists of:
· John Legrand, Services Operations Director who brings many years of experience working for international software vendors, most recently having spent 4 years with Linedata in senior operations roles covering Europe and Asia.
· Roger Klausen is now Director of Product Management after spending almost 6 years managing the Advent integrated product suite in Europe.
· Mats Berggren has been promoted to Sales Director after 3 years working in sales management roles with Advent. He previously served in senior sales roles at Front Capital.
· Martin Engdal is now Marketing Director after 5 years in sales, pre-sales and product marketing roles at Advent. Martin previously worked at Simcorp and Danske Bank.
· Steve Sadler joins as Finance & Administration Director. Steve has a wealth of experience with leading vendors in the sector such as Lucent, CSC and Saba.
"This is an impressive new team bringing an exciting mix of skills and experience from within the organisation, as well as external software companies and the investment industry," says Mr. Valberg. "We intend to grow this business into the EMEA region's market leader and to be the vendor of choice for front to back office operations in the investment management industry here. Advent EMEA has a large and very happy client base. Our products are reliable and deliver the business benefits our clients expect. The organizational platform is in place, and we feel our strong roster of clients, our comprehensive product line and our great people will lead to much success," added Mr. Valberg.
Advent's European client list is already impressive, and covers all aspects of the investment management industry across Europe. Examples of recent clients signed are; Fortis Fund Services, Staalbankiers, AlphaSwiss Asset Management, SEB Asset Management, Adelphi Capital, Bank of Bermuda, Kuwait Financial Centre, Alpha Bank, Seven Investment Management, Credo Capital PLC, Bramer Investment Company and Opstock Ltd.
For more than 20 years, Advent has been providing reliable, trusted solutions to investment management organizations of all sizes and strategies. Advent's products include:
· Geneva®, the industry's premier global investment accounting and portfolio management solution, solves the complex challenges faced by global asset managers, mutual funds, hedge funds, fund administrators and prime brokers, with unmatched scalability and efficiency. In addition to its respected presence in the hedge fund industry, Geneva® is also used by seven of the top 10 global prime brokers and six of the top 10 global fund administrators.
· Axys®, a comprehensive and powerful accounting and reporting system enabling firms to easily manage an extensive range of investment instruments, resulting in efficiencies that allow them to grow their business without increasing overhead, and focus on differentiating their services.
· Moxy®, the industry's most widely used trade order management system. Moxy features portfolio modeling, rebalancing, and what-if scenarios; intra-day order management; pre- and post-trade compliance checking; and electronic order routing and trade execution.
SS&C Technologies (Nasdaq: SSNC), a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services, today announced that Bill S...View article
Client footprint expands at record pace, experiencing over 40 percent growth and advising over $850 billion in assets. SS&C Technologies Holdings,...View article