First Implementation of Company’s New SiiOX™ Application Begins Mid October
Somerset, NJ – October 5, 2004 – Software International, Inc. (OTC: SWII), an innovative provider of application development services and information technology (IT) consulting, today announced that its custom software solution for expediting Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance procedures is now commercially available.
This unique solution, called SiiOX, streamlines the ability of public companies to define, communicate, enforce, control, expedite, measure and continuously improve enterprise business processes as they relate to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. SiiOX, now commercially available, supports Microsoft®-based solutions and will shortly be available on the Java™ platform. According to Software International President Suneel Sawant, the initial implementation of the product is expected to begin mid October.
"The creation of our SiioX Solution was driven solely by client demand," said Ninad Panse of Software International. "As our clients approach the end of their first year in meeting full Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, they have found both the cost of compliance and the necessary internal processes to far exceed expectations."
The SiiOX solution:
· Enables corporations to define, communicate, enforce, control, expedite, measure and continuously improve enterprise business processes;
· Provides structure and ease of documentation of business processes and controls for achieving compliance with governance initiatives like SOX or COBIT;
· Improves employee awareness and visibility towards enterprise business processes;
· Dramatically improves process execution time (e.g. SOX Section 404) and accuracy through effective use of workflow and online guidance;
· Measures levels of compliance with established enterprise business processes, which can facilitate audit reports (e.g. SOX Section 302) and can also be used as monitoring and training tools for continuous improvement;
· Enhances corporate adherence to internal controls by facilitating implementation of governance guidelines such as COBIT and ISO 9000;
· Facilitates internal communications within organization improving productivity;
· Provides management dashboards for monitoring execution of business processes for timelines and accuracy;
· Offers electronic signatures, audit trails and historical reports on process execution;
· Enforces structured change management by providing for process version control and release mechanism;
· Supports standard report formats from all major audit companies
In addition to the core SiiOX application, Software International also provides customization, implementation, testing, and ongoing maintenance of the product.