- New release of Sterling Integrator™ brings together advanced integration with enhanced file transfer capabilities
London, April 27 2004 - Business integration leader Sterling Commerce announced today the general availability of Sterling Integrator version 3.1. The new release represents significant innovation in the business systems integration software market by extending the product to handle bulk data files. Sterling Integrator version 3.1 now provides a single integration platform that can be used for advanced real-time information exchange, on-time processing of massive data files, and the secure transfer of all types of data.
While there is a growing interest in real-time information exchange, a recent Deloitte Consulting study found that in today’s corporate IT environment, approximately two-thirds of all system interfaces are still batch. Sam Starr, president and CEO, Sterling Commerce, said: "The key for businesses is to manage and optimise the latency required of both periodic and real-time business processes."
The management of real-time and batch-oriented processing and various data sets is accomplished through the tight coupling of Sterling Commerce’s market-leading solutions: Sterling Integrator, Connect:Enterprise® and Connect:Direct®.
Starr continued: "This offering supports the way businesses operate. Our customers have told us that they need a platform that handles real-time and multi-gigabyte data exchange, as well as a solution that supports a range of transport protocols and data types."
Highlights of the functionality introduced in Sterling Integrator version 3.1 include:
- The ability to transfer any type of data ranging from structured data such as EDI and XML - to unstructured data including flat files and e-mails
- New Connect:Enterprise and Connect:Direct adapters, which efficiently manage data exchange between customer deployments of the Connect solutions and Sterling Integrator
- A Perimeter Services security component that manages the communications flow between Sterling Integrator and the perimeter network or demilitarised zone (DMZ). Perimeter Services is designed to solve problems in network congestion, security and scalability for high-volume Internet B2B gateway environments
- Support for version 2.2.2 of the UCCnet™ Services standard for data synchronisation including the support for the ‘price’ product attribute
- Ability to deploy Sterling Integrator in a stand-alone Java Unix environment without the need for a J2EE application server
Starr concluded: "With Sterling Integrator version 3.1, our customers benefit from greater visibility and control of strategic business information."
European Payments Solution Provider ABK Taps IBM for Powerful Global Payments Platform IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced new support to manage high volu...View article
IBM (NYSE:IBM), today announced new software and the creation a new consulting practice dedicated to the emerging category of “Smarter Commerce,...View article
Câmara Interbancária de Pagamentos (CIP), Brazil’s interbank funds transfer system, deploys Sterling Managed File Transfer to autom...View article