Working Relationships – Reporting Structure: The individual in this position works with other Associates under the supervision of their team’s Manager. This individual will be trained by both Senior Associates and the Manager receiving feedback and mentorship from these team members on an ongoing basis. The team reports to the Vice President of Recovery Services. Opportunities may arise for projects supervised by the Director of Recovery Services or the COO.
Tasks and Duties
*Analyze cross-border investment income data for both accuracy and reclaim opportunities on excess withholding tax, inputting data in a correct and timely matter to then prepare all necessary supplemental application documents to ensure clients receive their refunds
*Communicate with a variety of clients and financial intermediaries on a daily basis via telephone and email correspondence regarding changes in client accounts, status of refunds and to deliver quarterly reports
* Maintain relationships with the financial intermediaries to ensure that all necessary supplemental documentation is received in a consistent and timely manner in order to lodge claims
* Work with the Client Services team to ensure that all beneficial owner documents are on file
* Report reclaim developments in processes in global markets to senior associate or manager for team or departmental implementation
* Coordinate with other departments on interdisciplinary projects
Qualifications (Skills, Education, Training, and Experience)
*Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel (VLookups, Pivot tables)
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage deadlines
* Highly motivated with excellent analytical skills
* Desire to innovate and improve upon processes
* Ability to work both independently and within a team
* Ability to maintain professionalism with colleagues and clients
* Experience in Financial Services or Operations preferred
* Commitment to providing the highest level of service for client satisfaction
Career Trajectory: GlobeTax is a dynamic organization with opportunities for professional development and career growth. Associates that demonstrate initiative and innovation will receive additional opportunities for advancement.
Information Security Roles & Responsibilities: The Associate is responsible for adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to the protection of confidential data, particularly sensitive client information.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Careers@GlobeTax.com indicating the specific position for which you are applying.