Head of Market Insight Market Research EMEA / Fintech / Fund Services
This is a unique and newly created hire driven by ongoing success and expanding product lines.
This is a hugely influential position which faces off to the senior leadership team. It is therefore critical that you are able to manage stakeholder information across different product lines. You must be experienced in this area as your information forms the very bedrock of their future direction through your opportunity identification.
As you will be contributing to the direction and strategy of the business it will be crucial that you can present your data and analysis in a clear and informative manner. You will be able to quickly drill down in detail on market opportunity assessment and be able to develop a future product direction surrounding this.
There is a strong bias for the incumbent to have a fund services background. Their core client base is fund services, custody banking and asset managers. You will therefore need to have a deep understanding of the core offerings that fund admin businesses provide to their clients; likewise a detailed understanding of asset management operations is key as this is where their systems are used to help asset managers with regulation, investment communication and fund analytics.
You might have previously run a team in investment management operations, potentially transferring into a fund service provider.
You will be able to communicate internally where new regulation is coming from, what is driving the market, what costs are involved and what is driving client decisions. Using your information, they can build or modify products to be ready for market changes.
You will be used to developing data strategies and be able to use this to spot opportunities for potential growth (e.g. yield opportunity identification) and revenue increase, as well as pricing existing products in a competitive and appealing manner.
You will talk to the sales and marketing teams and give them strategic guidance, being tapped in and understanding the marketplace/ climate you will be able to make recommendations based on your research that will help with their continued growth.
• Provide analysis of win or loss deals, using information already gathered
• Sales support; identify sales opportunity and analyze how to make sales more repeatable
• Produce presentations and scripts to help in the sales process
• Provide suggestions on the pricing and positioning of products
• Give existing and future clients your expert view on the market
• Help all departments prepare for product launches
• Design best practice around client retention
• Help position the best way to sell products to existing customers
• Put plans in place that help unify budgets and the sales process for new clients
• Illustrate market planning, insight and awareness to all the company on new areas of interest and leads they should focus on
• Look at historic deals and why the client chose them, what products were most successful etc
• Position products that provide answers for clients, provide information internally that articulates why clients need products that help them solve specific market problems
• Define a target map of clients
• Create the USP’s of the organization and ensure this is part of the fabric in a deal process
• Be highly aware of market trends and regulation so that the technology team can create solutions that will help clients as new regulations are launched
This is a very rewarding position with a fantastic long-term career path. It will be hugely satisfying knowing that your recommendations and suggestions are helping to grow a business and you will directly benefit from this. Working in a much smaller, entrepreneurial environment will suit someone looking for more independence and freedom with much less hierarchy around them. You will be very much trusted to ‘get on with the job’ and be listened to as the market expert.
You might have had exposure to some of the following operations business units: Transfer agency, financial reporting, client reporting, fund administration, fund oversight, compliance, fund regulation, corporate actions, data warehousing, performance measurement, fund attribution, investment risk.
Keywords: Market insight, market intelligence, market insight, product research, Corporate Strategy, competitive landscape analysis, trend analysis, competitor research, sales development, sales enablement.