|Misys: Who are we?
Misys is one of the world’s leading producers of financial services software, providing the broadest and deepest portfolio of products on the market. We are helping to transform the global financial services industry by making financial institutions more resilient, more efficient, and more competitive. Over the past three years Misys has delivered 73 product releases, launched five new products, won over 40 awards, acquired IND to tap into digital channels, CCS to expand our lending offering and closed over 1,000 deals while gaining over 60 new customers.
Misys solutions are used by some of the world's leading financial institutions!
- Including 48 of the world's 50 largest banks
- 16 of the top 25 syndicated loan book runners
- 12 of the top 20 asset managers
- More than 90 asset managers and hedge funds
Why work for Misys?
Misys believes in empowering its people by providing the necessary tools they need to achieve success. Whether it is developing a new product, writing new software, building relationships with clients, or recruiting the best talent, rest assured that with Misys, the future is yours to shape. Our expansive network allows us to provide opportunities for growth in and outside of our organization. Be a part of a team of people who value and challenge you. If employed at Misys, you will work with people who are leading the financial services industry in innovation.
…What will you contribute?
Misys is consolidating its core banking product for which it is looking at expanding its Business Analysis (BA) team.
Lending Product Management team is responsible for driving the future direction of Misys’ commercial lending producs. Business Analysts on the team are the critical link between the market needs, our client’s requirements, and the development organization. They work with clients and partners around the world to turn ideas into world-class products.
FusionBanking Lending, which includes Loan IQ and CME (Credit Management Enterprise)
The Role & Responsibilities:
We are seeking a highly motivated and detailed oriented Business Analyst to join the Lending Product Management team.
The successful Candidate should have 9 to 12 years business experience, with focused attention and working knowledge of syndicated lending and/or commercial lending; must be an abstract and creative thinker, capable of learning and summarizing complex concepts and issues and must be highly organized and effective in both written and verbal communication.
The responsibility of this position is to gather and analyze requirements from internal and external clients and document and update high-level requirements, detailed user stories and communicate effectively with developers and QA personnel, on a daily basis.
- Interface with clients, Product Managers, and other project stakeholders to analyze, interpret, and identify a business requirements, scope, issues, and solutions
- Write both high-level functional specifications and detailed user stories based on the clients’ (internal or external) request and interviews with subject matter experts and the technical team
- Understand the impact a change might have on the product / programme and be able to guide definitions accordingly
- Clearly communicate related changes to the project team and management
- Serve as the first point of contact for project teams and management regarding documented product features and requirements
- Ensure product functional specification documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately
- Participate in writing and/or review of product development materials as needed
- Develop, coordinate, and implement plans to test business and functional processes and quality assurance testing. Lead functional acceptance testing of patches, upgrades, and document processes.
Skills & Requirements
The Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 9 to 12 years experience, preferrably including work with a financial software vendor and hands-on at a commercial bank
- Syndicated Lending and/or Commercial Lending experience
- Working knowledge and experience in Agile software development methodologies.
- Capability to describe and communicate a process, system and/or product in an organized professional document.
- Be knowledgeable in documentation process, including writing, editing, graphics, production, help system authoring and information design.
- Experience working independently and as well as within a team
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to communicate with senior technical and management team
- Experience working with developers and discussing possible design options
- Extensive experience with business analysis and translating business requirements into functional specifications
- Proven track record of delivering against tight deadlines with high quality
- Knowledge of Loan IQ, ACBS, AFS or Shaw is definitely a plus.