For the second time consecutively, the Financial Times has recognised the European online payments provider Trustly as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. Again, Trustly is placed in the top quartile of the FT1000 list earning a place as the 245th fastest growing company. Looking closer at its fintech peers Trustly is ranked 11 and as number 4 among the Swedish companies.
The companies ranked on FT1000 list have been selected based on their revenue growth, the number of employees and pretax profit between 2013 and 2016. The full report ‘FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest Growing Companies’ is being published on April 30.
Oscar Berglund, CEO of Trustly, said: “We are proud to be recognised as one of Europe’s fastest growing companies. This recognition reflects the demand for Trustly’s offer and on expanding into new markets. As the technology for authentication becomes more convenient and has provided added layers of security for consumers and merchants, we are seeing increasing interest in direct online banking payments, and Trustly is well placed to meet future demand. Through Trustly’s payment method, e-merchants can reach up to 400 million consumers and many of those prefer to pay directly from their bank account.”
Fintech ranking, place 1-15:
FT 1000 ranking
Kreditech Holding SSL
New Wave Capital
Milestones reached by Trustly in 2017:
- Surpassing a total of €10 billion worth of payments since its inception 2008
- 3.2bn EUR processed transactions in 2016, amounting to 122% year-on-year growth
- Supporting payments to and from more than 3 000 banks across 29 European countries
- Opened an office in Cologne
- Certified by the internationally accredited certification body TÜV for its high standard on legal data protection and IT security